┌── John Hinshaw
┌── Andrew Tristram Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1856-1919 │
│ └── Sarah Commons
Raymond Beecher Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1887 │ ┌── Wesley Ramsey
D: 1934 │ │
└── Polina Belle Ramsey ──────┤
└── Christina Woodruff
M: Mayme E. Hanson
├── Helen Elsie Hinshaw (1911-1985) 1,2,3,4,5
├── Carolyn Elizabeth Hinshaw (1914-) 1,2,3,4,5
└── Donald Andrew Hinshaw (1919-1991) 1,2,3,4,6
Raymond Beecher Hinshaw [ID 04997]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Mar 29 1887, near Moravia, Appanoose County, Iowa.1,2,3,4,7,8,9,10,11
He married Mayme E. Hanson, Apr 14 1909, Hamilton County, Indiana.2,4,5,10,12,13 Mayme, daughter of Milton Hanson & Elizabeth Mendenhall, was born Jul 27 1887, near Westfield, Hamilton County, Indiana.2,3,4,10,14,15
Raymond and Mayme were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 30 1910), "private road", Sugar Creek Township, Boone County, Indiana:10
Hinshaw, Raymond B., head-of-household, age 23, born in Iowa; parents born in Indiana; first marriage, married 1 year; occupation: farmer, general farm; rented farm.
Hinshaw, Mayme E., wife, age 22, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first marriage, married 1 year; no children.
On June 5, 1917 Raymond Hinshaw, age 30, registered for the World War I draft in Guilford Township, Hendricks County, Indiana. He declared his residence as Plainfield, Indiana; his occupation: "farmer/dairyman". He also declared that he belonged to the Friends Church. He was shown as having a wife and two children. He was recorded as tall, medium build, brown hair, brown eyes.7
Raymond and family were shown in the 1920 census (Feb 2 1920), National Road, Guilford Township, Hendricks County, Indiana:3
Hinshaw, Ray B., head-of-household, age 32, born in Iowa; parents born in Indiana; rented home; occupation: farmer, operator.
Hinshaw, Mayme E., wife, age 32, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Hinshaw, Helen E.
, daughter, age 8, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Hinshaw, Donald A.
, son, age 6 months [unclear], born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Raymond was a chiropractor in the Broadripple area of Indianapolis, Indiana.4,16
Raymond and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 8 1930), 2845 Washington Boulevard, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana:4
Hinshaw, Raymond, head-of-household, age 43, born in Iowa; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 22; rented home ($55 rent); radio in home; occupation: doctor, chiropractor; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Mayme, wife, age 42, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 21.
, daughter, age 19, born in Indiana; father born in Iowa; mother born in Indiana; attended school.
, daughter, age 16, born in Indiana; father born in Iowa; mother born in Indiana; attended school.
, son, age 10, born in Indiana; father born in Iowa; mother born in Indiana; attended school.
Raymond Beecher Hinshaw died Mar 26 1934, buried Summit Lawn Cemetery, Westfield, Hamilton County, Indiana.11,16,17 Raymond died from diabetes which he was unaware that he had - he unexpectedly went into a coma and died.16
Mayme died Jan 28 1962, buried Summit Lawn Cemetery, Westfield, Hamilton County, Indiana.2,15,17
Mayme's obituary appeared on Jan 31 1962 in the South Bend (Indiana) Tribune, where she was shown a resident of Austin, Texas.18
Photo: Raymond Beecher Hinshaw & Mayme E. Hanson gravestone Summit Lawn Cemetery
- Contribution from Don Cordell ().
- Contribution from Candace McDaniel ().
- 1920 census, Guilford Township, Hendricks County, Indiana; roll T625-436, ED 36, page 21B, line #79, dwelling #501, family #516.
- 1930 census, 4th Ward, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana; roll T626-608, ED 50, page 11A, line #43, dwelling #217, family #227.
- Boone County, Indiana Index to Birth Records, 1882-1920,
Indiana Works Progress Administration.
- Death certificate of Donald Andrew Hinshaw; Maricopa County Recorder:
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Pearson Family ().
- 1900 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T623-375, ED 92, page 6B, line #83, dwelling #145, family #150.
- 1910 census, Sugar Creek Township, Boone County, Indiana; roll T624-341, ED 20, page 218B, line #66, dwelling #87, family #88.
- Death certificate of Donald Andrew Hinshaw.
- Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (Book 13, page 104).
- "Mendenhall-DL Genealogical Database",
from William Dean Leonard ().
- Contribution from Gene & June Cordell.
- Contribution from Donna M Berry.
- St. Joseph County, Indiana Public Library Necrology File:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]