┌── William Henry Hinshaw
┌── Charles Presnall Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1865-1942 │
│ └── Pleasent Jane Pressnall
Vera Katherine Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1888 │ ┌── Charles Downing Cook
D: 1977 │ │
└── Katie Hannah Cook ─────────┤
└── Catherine Elizabeth Race
M: George T. Y. Hoffmann
Vera Katherine Hinshaw [ID 05650]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jul 24 1888, LeRay, Blue Earth County, Minnesota.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
She married George T. Y. Hoffmann.3,5,11 George, son of Henry Hoffmann & Jacobina Irieni, was born Jan 29 1873, Monee, Will County, Illinois.8,9,12,13
Douglas G. Hoffmann, born Sep 6 1912, Minnesota; died Feb 1987; buried Chapel Hill Gardens West, Oakbrook Terrace, DuPage County, Illinois; married Gertrude W. Johnson, Feb 23 1933, Cook County, Illinois (child: Clive Hoffmann, c1938).
Hollis H. Hoffmann, born Aug 30 1917, Wisconsin; died May 11 2009; married Virginia Koekke, Feb 24 1943, Cook County, Illinois.
Vera and family were shown in the 1920 census (Mar 1-2 1920), Pomroy Township, Kanabec County, Minnesota:8
Hoffman, George, head-of-household, age 47, born in Illinois; parents born in Germany; owned home (free); occupation: farmer, general farm.
Hoffman, Vera, wife, age 32, born in United States; parents born in United States.
Hoffman, Douglas G., son, age 7, born in Minnesota; father born in Illinois; mother born in United States; attended school.
Hoffman, Hollis H., son, age 2, born in Wisconsin; father born in Illinois; mother born in United States.
George died Jul 19 1926, Crete, Will County, Illinois; age 53.1,5,13
Widow Vera and children were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 5 1930), 6441 Ellis Avenue, Chicago, Illinois:9
Hoffman, Vera K., head-of-household, age 42, born in Minnesota; father born in Indiana; mother born in Wisconsin; widow; rented home ($70.00 rent); no radio in home; occupation: executive, publishing.
Hoffman, Hullis H., son, age 12, born in Wisconsin; father born in Illinois; mother born in Minnesota; attended school.
Hoffman, Douglas, son, age 17, born in Wisconsin; father born in Illinois; mother born in Minnesota; attended school; occupation: office clerk, insurance.
Raptis, Vasillas, lodger, age 39, born in Greece; parents born in Greece; immigrated 1909, naturalized in Pennsylvania; single; occupation: waiter, restaurant.
Widow Vera and son were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 2 1940), 1443 East 67th Street, Chicago, Illinois:10
Hoffman, Vera K., head-of-household, age 51, born in Minnesota; completed 3 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; widow; rented home ($38/month rent); occupation: correspondent, publishing house; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $1440 wages in 1939.
Hoffman, Hollis H., son, age 22, born in Wisconsin; completed 2 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; single; occupation: clerk, soap manufacturer; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $1280 wages in 1939.
In 1977 Vera was living in/near Richland Center, Richland County, Wisconsin.2
Vera Katherine Hinshaw died Mar 29 1977, Wisconsin; age 88.2,16
Photo: Vera Katherine Hinshaw newspaper article "Chicago Heights Star" (Chicago Heights, Illinois), Jul 1 1920
Photo: George T.Y. Hoffmann gravestone Saint Paul Evangelical Reformed Church Cemetery
Social Security information for Vera Katherine Hinshaw: 321-09-6029
- Minnesota, Births and Christenings Index, 1840-1980; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- GEDCOM file h8790.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- Jeffrey Lape data: http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/l/a/p/Jeffrey-J-Lape-NY/index.html.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1900 census, Le Ray Township, Blue Earth County, Minnesota; roll T623-757, ED 11, page 3B, line #83, dwelling #64, family #64.
- 1910 census, West Sweden Township, Polk County, Wisconsin; roll T624-1733, ED 174, page 242B, line #76, dwelling #96, family #98.
- 1920 census, Pomroy Township, Kanabec County, Minnesota; roll T625-840, ED 52, page 10A, line #40, dwelling #70, family #72.
- 1930 census, 6th Ward, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; roll T626-424, ED 240, page 6A, line #9, dwelling #50, family #117.
- 1940 census, 6th Ward, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; roll T627-933, ED 103-408, page 1B, line #73, household #31.
- Gary Green database: http://localsonly.wilmington.net/ggreen/lape898/surnames.html.
- Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths Index, 1916-1947; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1940 census, 7806 Kingston Avenue, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; roll T627-935, ED 103-474, page 11B, line #54, household #367.
- Cook County, Illinois Marriage Index, 1930-1960; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Wisconsin Death Index, 1959-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Chicago Heights Star", Jul 1 1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]