┌── Benjamin H. Hinshaw
┌── Seth Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1818-1906 │
│ └── Annas Bowman
William Henry Hinshaw ─────┤
B: 1845 │ ┌── Stephen Gregg
D: 1918 │ │
└── Sarah Gregg ───┤
└── Hannah Pickering
M: Pleasent Jane Pressnall
├── Charles Presnall Hinshaw (1865-1942) 1,2,3,4
├── Fred B. Hinshaw (1867-1893) 1,2,3,4
├── Benton Seth Hinshaw (1871-1949) 1,3,4,5
├── Sarah Lou Hinshaw (1874-1961) 1,3,4
├── William Raymond Hinshaw (1877-1954) 1,3,4,5
├── Jennie Maud Hinshaw (1880-1917) 1,5,6
M: Sarah E. Luthultz
└── Ada M. Hinshaw (1895-1895) 1,7
William Henry Hinshaw [ID 00977]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
William Henry Hinshaw5,8,9,10,11,12,13 [William Henry Henshaw14].
Born Jan 29 1845, Duck Creek MM, Henry County, Indiana.1,2,3,5,8,9,10,11,13,15,16,17,18 William was born on the same day as his fourth cousin (once removed), Elizabeth Hinshaw.
In about 1863 (at the age of 18), William Henry Hinshaw, of Duck Creek, Henry County, Indiana, enlisted in Company E, 139th Regiment, U.S. Army (100 days).19
He married Pleasent Jane Pressnall14,20 [Pleasant Jane Presnall5,21, Jane Presnall2,3,6, Jean Presnall6], May 10 186314,20, Henry County, Indiana14,20. Pleasent, daughter of Nathan Presnall & Mahala Munden, was born Jan 30 1846, Henry County, Indiana.1,2,3,5,13,21,22,23
At Duck Creek MM on 1-21-1864, William Henry Hinshaw was complained of for being married contrary to discipline and was disowned.9
William and family were shown in the 1870 census (Sep 20 1870), Henry County, Indiana:2
Hinshaw, W.H., age 25, born in Indiana; carpenter.
Hinshaw, Jane, age 24, born in Indiana; keeping house.
William and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 10 1880), Greensboro, Henry County, Indiana:3
Hinshaw, Henry, age 35, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Ohio; farmer.
Hinshaw, Jane, wife, age 34, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Ohio; keeps house.
, son, age 14, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
, son, age 12, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
, son, age 9, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Hinshaw, LouLiving nearby in 1880 was the family of first cousin William Henry Hinshaw.24
, daughter, age 6, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Pleasent died 188322; buried Greensboro Friends Cemetery, Greensboro, Henry County, Indiana22 [Greensboro Masonic Cemetery13, Mason Cemetery23].
He then married Sarah E. Luthultz1,5,12,20,25 [Sarah I. Luthultz13,26, Sarah Lethultz7, Sarah Luthlutz5,27], Apr 9 18911,5,12,20,25, Henry County, Indiana1,5,12,20,25. Sarah, daughter of Joshua Luthlutz & Theresa Catherine Dudley1,5,15,16,22,27, was born Jan 22 18661,5,15,16,22,27 [Jan 22 186513,17], Indiana1,5,15,16,22,27.
William and Sarah were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 2 1900), Harrison Township, Henry County, Indiana:15
Hinshaw, W.H., head-of-household, age 55, born Jan 1845 in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Ohio; married 8 years; occupation: farmer; owned farm (free).
Hinshaw, Sarah, wife, age 34, born Jan 1866 in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; married 8 years.
William and Sarah were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 15 1910), Kennard, Henry County, Indiana:16
Hinshaw, Wm H., head-of-household, age 65, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Ohio; second marriage, married 19 years; occupation: "own income"; owned home (free).
Hinshaw, Sarah, wife, age 44, born in Indiana; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; first marriage, married 19 years.
William Henry Hinshaw died Jan 10 191810,17,21,22,28,29, Kennard, Henry County, Indiana10,17,21,22,28,29; age 72y 11m 11d10,17,21,22,28,29 [Mason Cemetery18].
Sarah died May 27 192417,22, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana17,22; age 59y 4m 5d17,22 [Mason Cemetery13,18,26].
Photo: William Hinshaw death certificate Henry County, Indiana
Photo: William Hinshaw family gravestone Greensboro Friends Cemetery
Photo: William Henry Hinshaw last will and testament Henry County, Indiana
Photo: Sarah I. Luthultz last will and testament Henry County, Indiana
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1870 census, Millville P.O., Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll M593-323, page 97, line #12, dwelling #253, family #266.
- 1880 census, Greensboro, Henry County, Indiana; roll T9-284, ED 7, page 118A, line #38, dwelling #147, family #149.
- 1880 census, Greensboro, Henry County, Indiana; roll T9-0284, ED 7, page 118A, line #38, dwelling #147, family #149.
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- Contribution from citing: "Quakers in Indiana".
- Henry County, Indiana Index to Birth Records, Book 1, Vol. 2,
1882-1920, Indiana Works Progress Administration.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 4,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- GEDCOM archives at http://www.kindredkonnections.com.
- Seth Hinshaw family bible, from "Hinshaw Family Bible Records",
LDS microfilm 1906029, Item 1.
- Henry County, Indiana Index to Marriage Records, Book 1, Vol. 2,
1850-1920, Indiana Works Progress Administration; Book CC-8, page 446.
- Contribution from Ron Dick citing: gravestone.
- Henry County, Indiana Index to Marriage Records, Book 1, Vol. 2,
1850-1920, Indiana Works Progress Administration; Book CC-3, page 75.
- 1900 census, Harrison Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T623-377, ED 63, page 1B, line #51, dwelling #11, family #11.
- 1910 census, Kennard, Greensboro Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T624-355, ED 81, page 106B, line #82, dwelling #27, family #28.
- Indiana, Death Certificates, 1899-2011; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Cindy () citing:
"Indiana Quakers Confront the Civil War" by Jacquelyn S. Nelson.
- Indiana, Marriage Index, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Posting Dec 11 1999 by Dorothy Burt () to PRESNELL-L.
- Greensboro Friends Cemetery burials; Henry County Genealogical Services:
- 1880 census, Greensboro, Henry County, Indiana; roll T9-284, ED 7, page 118A, line #15, dwelling #143, family #145.
- "Hinshaw-Bernard and Related Families"
by Cordelia E. Bogue Wright, in the Family History Library of
the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS),
- Indiana, Wills and Probate Records, 1798-1999; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Delores Dudley Mayes ().
- Contribution from A. M. Greenlee ().
- Indiana Deaths, 1882-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Photo courtesy of Ron Dick.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Thu Oct 20 19:59:42 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]