┌── Adolphus D. Hinshaw
┌── Frank W. Hinshaw ───────┤
│ 1875-1968 │
│ └── Ella Elizabeth Huston
Mabel Hinshaw ───────────┤
B: 1903 │ ┌── Isaac M. Gildersleeve
D: 1995 │ │
└── Grace J. Gildersleeve ──┤
└── Nancy Jane Anderson
M: Carroll Arnold Shiner
Mabel Hinshaw [ID 00568]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Mar 13 1903, Hudson, McLean County, Illinois.1,2,3,4,5
She married Carroll Arnold Shiner, about 1924.2,4 Carroll, son of John D. + Mary L. Shiner, was born Feb 10 1900, Illinois.3,4,5,6,7
Carroll Dean Shiner, born Dec 18 1927, rural Hudson, Illinois; died Jun 18 2007, Bloomington, Illinois; married Evelyn I. Schroeder, Jun 5 1977 (sons: Craig M. and Keith L. Shiner).
On Sep 12 1918 Carroll Arnold Shiner, age 18, had registered for the World War I draft in Bloomington, McLean County, Illinois. He declared he was born Feb 10 1900, and was then residing in Hudson, McLean County, Illinois where he was farming, employed by his father, John Shiner. He declared his nearest relative was John Shiner of Hudson. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, blue eyes, brown hair.7
Mabel and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 15 1930), Hudson Township, McLean County, Illinois:4
Shiner, Caroll A., head-of-household, age 30, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; first married at age 24; rented home; no radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farm; not a war veteran.
Shiner, Mable, wife, age 27, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; first married at age 20.
Shiner, Caroll D., daughter [sic], age 2 years 5 months, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; first married at age 20.
Living next door in 1900 was the family of brother Oscar;9 one more house away were Mabel's parents and family;10 one more house away were Carroll's parents and family.11
Mabel and Carroll apparently divorced. Carroll remarried to a Sadie B. --5 Carroll died Dec 11 1992, buried Hudson Cemetery, Hudson, McLean County, Illinois.3,5
In 1995 Mabel was living in/near Hudson, McLean County, Illinois.3
Mabel Hinshaw died Feb 21 1995, El Paso, Woodford County, Illinois; buried Hudson Cemetery, Hudson, McLean County, Illinois.3,5
Social Security information for Mabel Hinshaw: 348-34-5746
Social Security information for Carroll Arnold Shiner: 341-32-1652
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- "The Hudson Colony", by Ruth Bitting Hamm, "A Project of the Hudson
Bicentennial Commission, Hudson, Illinois 61748" (1972?).
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1930 census, Hudson Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T626-536, ED 45, page 5A, line #44, dwelling #100, family #100.
- 1900 census, Hudson, McLean County, Illinois; roll T623-322, ED 108, page 13B, line #97, dwelling #255, family #255.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of Carroll Dean Shiner; the "Peoria Journal Star" (Peoria, Illinois), Jun 22 2007:
- 1930 census, Hudson Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T626-536, ED 45, page 5A, line #39, dwelling #99, family #99.
- 1930 census, Hudson Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T626-536, ED 45, page 5A, line #36, dwelling #98, family #98.
- 1930 census, Hudson Township, McLean County, Illinois; roll T626-536, ED 45, page 5A, line #31, dwelling #97, family #97.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]