┌── William Henry Hinshaw
┌── Charles Presnall Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1865-1942 │
│ └── Pleasent Jane Pressnall
Lyla Ruth Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1896 │ ┌── Charles Downing Cook
D: 1921 │ │
└── Katie Hannah Cook ─────────┤
└── Catherine Elizabeth Race
Lyla Ruth Hinshaw [ID 05680]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Lyla Ruth Hinshaw1,2,3,4,5 [Lila Ruth Hinshaw6,7,8].
Born Feb 28 18961,2,4,5 [Feb - 18958], Minnesota1,2,4,5.
Lyla was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 8 1920), living with her parents in Frederic, Polk County, Wisconsin:4
Hinshaw, Lyla, daughter, age 22, born in Minnesota; father born in Indiana; mother born in Wisconsin; occupation: teacher, public school.
But Lyla was doubly-enumerated in the 1920 census, also shown in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin:5
Brockett (unclear), Holmes B., head-of-household, age 35.
[.. Brockett family ..]
Hinshaw, Lyla R., lodger, age 23, born in Minnesota; father born in Indiana; mother born in Wisconsin; single; grade school teacher.
[.. four additional lodgers ..]
Lyla was shown in the 1921 city directory of Madison, Wisconsin:9
Hinshaw Lyla R, tchr Brayton Schl, r 127 W Gilman
Lyla Ruth Hinshaw died Oct 5 1921, Cook County, Illinois.10
Photo: Lyla Ruth Hinshaw newspaper article "Chicago Heights Star" (Chicago Heights, Illinois), Jul 1 1920
- Minnesota, Births and Christenings Index, 1840-1980; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1910 census, West Sweden Township, Polk County, Wisconsin; roll T624-1733, ED 174, page 242B, line #76, dwelling #96, family #98.
- 1920 census, Frederic, Polk County, Wisconsin; roll T625-2010, ED 155, page 4B, line #56, dwelling #89, family #94.
- 1920 census, Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin; roll T625-1981, ED 39, page 1B, line #92, dwelling #16, family #22.
- GEDCOM file h8790.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- Gary Green database: http://localsonly.wilmington.net/ggreen/lape898/surnames.html.
- 1900 census, Le Ray Township, Blue Earth County, Minnesota; roll T623-757, ED 11, page 3B, line #83, dwelling #64, family #64.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Cook County, Illinois Death Index, 1908-1988; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Chicago Heights Star", Jul 1 1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Wed Oct 26 10:34:54 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]