┌── Jacob Hinshaw
┌── Erwin Hinshaw ───┤
│ 1866-<1930 │
│ └── Hannah Ellen Macy
John David Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1892 │ ┌── Robert John Paul
D: 1936 │ │
└── Emma Jane Paul ──┤
└── Mary Stevenson
M: Verna I. Carpenter
├── Helen Evangline Hinshaw (1917-2011) 1,2,3
└── Kenneth W. Hinshaw (1929-1999) 1,2,3,4
John David Hinshaw [ID 06321]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
John David Hinshaw1 [David J. Hinshaw2,5,6].
Born Jun - 1892, Iowa.3,5,7
He married Verna I. Carpenter2,8,9 [Vern Carpenter1,3], about 19162,8,9. Verna was born Sep 8 1897, Minnesota.3,4,8
John and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 7 1930), Vancouver, Clark County, Washington:3
Hinshaw, John D, head-of-household, age 37, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; first married at age 23; owned home ($600 value); no radio in home; occupation: making dresses, [..unclear..] factory; not a war veteran.
Hinshaw, Vern, wife, age 32, born in Minnesota; father born in Minnesota; mother born in Iowa; first married at age 18.
, daughter, age 12, born in Minnesota; father born in Iowa; mother born in Minnesota; attended school.
, son, age 1, born in Washington; father born in Iowa; mother born in Minnesota.
John David Hinshaw died Jan 19 1936, Vancouver, Clark County, Washington; age 43.7,10
Widow Verna and son were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 13 1940), Vancouver, Clark County, Washington:4
Hinshaw, Verna, head-of-household, age 42, born in Minnesota; completed 8th grade; widow; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; owned home ($1200 value); occupation: pensioner; worked 0 weeks in 1939; $0 wages in 1939, plus other income.
, son, age 11, born in Washington; completed 4th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; attended school.
Verna died Nov 1 1985, Vancouver, Clark County, Washington; age 88.8,9
Social Security information for Verna I. Carpenter: 533-10-3900
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- Obituary of Helen Evangline Hinshaw.
- 1930 census, Vancouver, Clark County, Washington; roll T626-2485, ED 51, page 2B, line #78, dwelling #50, family #50.
- 1940 census, Vancouver, Clark County, Washington; roll T627-4335, ED 6-93, page 2A, line #9, household #32.
- 1900 census, Dewey Township, Beltrami County, Minnesota; roll T623-756, ED 32, page 2A, line #10, dwelling #27, family #27.
- Family group sheets and descendent chart contributed by Walter V. Graham ()
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Washington Death Index, 1940-1996; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Washington, Deaths, 1883-1960; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]