┌── Nathan Hinshaw
┌── Dr. Theophilus Everard Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1858-1938 │
│ └── Mary Green Sloan
Charles Theron Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1899 │ ┌── Tildon Joshua Wilkinson
D: 1989 │ │
└── Anna Pearl Wilkinson ────────────┤
└── Julia Constance Parish
M: Gwyn Whiteman
├── Charles Theron Hinshaw, Jr. (1932-) 1
└── Mary Gwyn Hinshaw (1936-) 2
Charles Theron Hinshaw [ID 00677]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Charles Theron Hinshaw3,4,5,6,7,8 [Theron Hinshaw4,9].
Born Oct 6 1899, Winfield, Cowley County, Kansas.3,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
On Sep 11 1918 Charles Theron Hinshaw, age 18, registered for the World War I draft in Winfield, Cowley County, Kansas. He declared he was born Oct 6 1899, and was then residing at 617 College St., Winfield, Kansas where he was a student at S.A.T.C. in Ft. Sheridan. He declared his nearest relative was Dr. T.E. Hinshaw of the same address. He was recorded as tall, medium build, blue eyes, dark hair.11
He married Gwyn Whiteman9,12 [Mary Gwyn Whiteman13,14,15], about 19279,12. Gwyn, daughter of John Whiteman & Mary Gwyn Nesbit, was born Sep 16 1905, Oklahoma.5,12,13,14,15
Charles was a pediatrician in Wichita, Kansas.4,9
Charles and Gwyn were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 23 1930), Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas:12
Hinshaw, C.T., head-of-household, age 30, born in Kansas; parents born in Missouri; first married at age 27; rented home ($45 rent); no radio in home; occupation: doctor, medical; World War I veteran.
Hinshaw, Gwendolyn, wife, age 24, born in Oklahoma; father born in Louisiana; mother born in Mississippi; first married at age 21.
Charles Theron Hinshaw died Jul 13 1989, Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas; buried Highland Cemetery, Winfield, Cowley County, Kansas.5,8,9
In 1992 Gwyn was still living in/near Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas.5
Gwyn died Jun 28 1992.5
Photo: Charles Theron Hinshaw World War I Draft Registration Card
Social Security information for Charles Theron Hinshaw: 509-44-0822
Social Security information for Gwyn Whiteman: 511-26-6303
- Contribution from Dale Nathan Hinshaw.
- Contribution from Mary Gwyn Hinshaw.
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- "The History of the Hinshaws", a 1995 manuscript by Dale Nathan Hinshaw.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, Winfield, Cowley County, Kansas; roll T623-476, ED 71, page 9B, line #74, dwelling #188, family #197.
- 1910 census, Winfield, Cowley County, Kansas; ED 69, page 138A (sheet 19A), line #36, dwelling #361, family #446.
- Highland Cemetery burials; contributed by Judi Sutton ().
- Contribution from Dan Odenweller ().
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, 6th Ward, Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas; roll T626-721, ED 76, page 35B, line #61, dwelling #600, family #850.
- 1910 census, 3rd Ward, Ardmore, Carter County, Oklahoma; roll T624-1246, ED 43, page 5A, line #18, dwelling #95, family #98.
- 1920 census, 3rd Ward, Ardmore, Carter County, Oklahoma; roll T625-1454, ED 45, page 20B, line #62.
- Contribution from Mary Gwyn (Hinshaw) Darelius.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]