┌── George Thomas Hinshaw
┌── John William Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1861-1924 │
│ └── Laura Ann Lowe
James Boyd Hinshaw ──────┤
B: 1903 │ ┌── Madison Davis
D: 1985 │ │
└── Nancy Lucinda Davis ───┤
└── Ancy Cox
M: Cornie Montora Dawson
├── Nancy Rebecca Hinshaw (1939-) 1,2,3
└── James Larry Hinshaw (1941-) 1,2
M: Theodoshia Parks
James Boyd Hinshaw [ID 07644]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
James Boyd Hinshaw1,4,5,6,7 [Boyd Hinshaw8,9].
Born May 13 19031,4,5,7,9,10, Guilford County, North Carolina1,4,5,7,9,10 [Randolph County, North Carolina11].
James was shown in the 1930 census (Apr 5 1930), living (or staying) in a lodging house at 2846 Patterson Ave., Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina:10
Hinshaw, J. Boyd, lodger, age 26, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single; occupation: manager, automobile supply co.; not a war veteran.
He married Cornie Montora Dawson1,2,6,12 [Cornie Montora (Dawson) Branson12], Apr 23 19381,2,6,12, Albright, Chatham County, North Carolina1,2,6,12. Cornie, daughter of Ulysses Tyson Dawson & Roxana Lowdermilk, was born about 1899, Randolph County, North Carolina.2,13,14
Cornie had been previously married Feb 16 1919 to a Roscoe Wade Branson,12 by whom she had children:
Gladys Marie Branson, born Jan 23 1920, Randolph County, North Carolina.
Mary Ellen Branson, born Jan 2 1928, Guilford County, North Carolina; died Oct 30 2012; married Carter I. Pike.
Barbara Roxana Dawson Branson, born May 29 1932, Randolph County, North Carolina.
Note: Cornie was the sister of Treva Belle Dawson who married James' cousin Simeon Ezra Hinshaw.
He then married Theodoshia Parks12 [Doshia Hardister Williams Parks6, Theodoshia Hardister16, Theodocia Hardister12, Docie Hardister12], Dec 24 196612, Bear Creek, Chatham County, North Carolina12. Theodoshia was born Apr 1 1899, North Carolina.12,16 Theodoshia had been previously married 1) Jan 10 1915 to a Samuel Williams; 2) Aug 20 1938 to an Edgar Parks.12
Theodoshia died Feb 23 1983, Randolph County, North Carolina; age 83.16
In 1985 James was living in Asheboro, Randolph County, North Carolina.4
James Boyd Hinshaw died Jan 20 1985, Asheboro, Randolph County, North Carolina; age 81.4,6,16
Photo: Cornie Montora Dawson about 1905-1906, age 6-7
Social Security information for James Boyd Hinshaw: 237-05-5046
Social Security information for Theodoshia Parks: 232-30-5307
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- North Carolina Birth Index, 1800-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- North Carolina, Birth and Death Indexes, 1800-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- North Carolina Deaths, 1983-87; http://www.ancestry.com.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Deb Landauer () citing:
"The Heritage of Randolph County, North Carolina, Volume I - 1993.
- Guilford County, North Carolina, Register of Deeds:
- "History and Genealogy of the Hinshaw Family", compiled by Joseph Calvin Hinshaw, 1967;
with considerable content from William Perry Johnson, a noted
genealogist hired by Joseph Calvin Hinshaw.
Contributed by Bob Mount ()
- 1920 census, New Market Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T625-1318, ED 110, page 3B-4A, line #98, dwelling #60, family #60.
- 1930 census, 3rd Ward, Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina; roll T626-1690, ED 43, page 4B, line #72, dwelling #75, family #88.
- U.S., Quaker Meeting Records, 1681-1994; http://www.ancestry.com.
- North Carolina Marriage Collection, 1741-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Cedar Grove Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T624-1128, ED 79, page 46B, line #84, dwelling #13, family #13.
- 1920 census, Cedar Grove Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T625-1318, ED 99, page 6A, line #45, dwelling #104, family #104.
- Obituary of Mary Ellen Branson Pike; "News-Record" (Greensboro, North Carolina), Nov 2 2012:
- North Carolina Death Collection, 1908-1996; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Photo courtesy of Randall C. Dawson ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 10:08:54 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]