┌── Jacob Hinshaw
┌── Elias Hinshaw ───┤
│ 1827-1893 │
│ └── Mary Davis
Stephen Frances Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1858 │ ┌── Thomas Macon
D: 1938 │ │
└── Martitia Macon ──┤
└── Rosannah Moffitt
M: Elvira Mitchell
├── Pearl Mae Hinshaw (1895-) 1,2,3
└── Orville Hinshaw 1
Stephen Frances Hinshaw [ID 00802]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Sep 27 18581,3,4,5,6,7 [about 18568], Holly Spring MM, North Carolina1,3,4,5,6,7.
He married Elvira Mitchell1,7 [Vira Mitchell3,7,9], Sep 18 18841,7, Butler County, Kansas1,7. Elvira, daughter of Stokes Mitchell & Elizabeth Jones, was born Jun 3 1868, Kansas.2,3,7,9
Steven and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 20-21 1910), Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas:2
Hinshaw, Steven, head-of-household, age 50, born in North Carolina; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; first marriage, married 26 years; occupation: farmer; owned home (free).
Hinshaw, Elvira, wife, age 42, born in Kansas; parents born in Georgia; first marriage, married 26 years.
, daughter, age 14, born in Kansas; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Kansas; student; attended school.
Stephen and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 5 1920), Creek Township, Sumner County, Kansas:3
Hinshaw, Stephen, head-of-household, age 61, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; owned home; occupation: farmer, general farm.
Hinshaw, Vira, wife, age 52, born in Kansas; parents born in Georgia.
, daughter, age 30, born in Kansas; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Kansas; single; occupation: teacher, high school.
In 1905 Stephen was living in Wichita, Kansas.10
In 1935 Stephen was living in Argonia, Kansas.11
Stephen Frances Hinshaw died Dec 27 1938, Argonia, Sumner County, Kansas; buried Argonia Cemetery, Argonia, Sumner County, Kansas.1,7,12
Elvira died Sep 30 1951, buried Argonia Cemetery, Argonia, Sumner County, Kansas.7
Photo: Stephen Frances Hinshaw gravestone Argonia Cemetery
Photo: Elvira "Vira" Mitchell gravestone Argonia Cemetery
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- 1910 census, Wichita, Sedgwick County, Kansas; ED 137, page 9A, line #41, dwelling #198, family #209; USGenWeb Archives:
- 1920 census, Creek Township, Sumner County, Kansas; roll T625-553, ED 170, page 3A, line #2, dwelling #32, family #32.
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "Charles and Hannah (Matson) Davis and their descendants" by Earl H.
Davis, microfilm #1011836, Item 2, in the LDS Family History Library.
- 1860 census, Moffetts Mills P.O., Eastern Division, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll M653-910, page 249, line #23, dwelling #309, family #309.
- 1870 census, Eagletown P.O., Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll M593-319, page 199, line #13, dwelling #331, family #326.
- Posting Feb 5 2000 to MITCHELL-L by George Huggins ().
- "The Genealogical Journal", Randolph County [NC] Genealogical Society, Vol VI, Number 1, Winter 1982.
- Contribution from Marilyn Withrow citing:
Obituary of John Randolph Hinshaw.
- Contribution from Walter Lawrence ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]