┌── Madison Hinshaw
┌── William Thurman Hinshaw ───┤
│ 1873-1938 │
│ └── Mary Jane Austill
Horace Marcellus Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1905 │ ┌── Marcellus William Robertson
D: 1991 │ │
└── Ruth Marcellus Robertson ──┤
└── Nancy Wilson Chambers Reynolds
M: Verna Whitaker
M: Stella Jeanette Money
├── Ruth Janet Hinshaw (1940-) 1,2
└── James Horace Hinshaw (1943-) 1
Horace Marcellus Hinshaw [ID 08339]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Horace Marcellus Hinshaw3,4,5 [Horace Marcelis Hinshaw6, Haris Hinshaw7].
Born Mar 22 1905, Estill Fork, Jackson County, Alabama.1,3,4,5,6,8,9,10 (Texas).7
He married Verna Whitaker, about 1928.10 Verna, daughter of Robert Whitaker & Sammie Echols, was born about 1903, Alabama.1,10
Horace and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 22 1930), 170 Joplin Street, Gurley, Madison County, Alabama:10
Hinshaw, Horace M., head-of-household, age 25, born in Alabama; father born in Alabama; mother born in Mississippi; first married at age 23; rented home ($6 rent); no radio in home; occupation: farmer, general farming; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Verna, wife, age 27, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; first married at age 25.
Whitaker, Sammie, mother-in-law, age 66, born in Alabama; parents born in Alabama; widow.
Living next door in 1930 was the family of William Hurley Hinshaw.11 Also living nearby were Horace's parents and siblings.12
Verna died about 1931. Verna and her only child died in childbirth about 1931.1
He then married Stella Jeanette Money, Sep 19 1935, Winchester, Franklin County, Tennessee.1,5,6 Stella, daughter of James Morgan Money & Martha Elizabeth Robinson, was born Feb 20 1906, Scottsboro, Jackson County, Alabama.1,3,4,8
The following article was published in "The Hammond Times" (Hammond, Indiana) on Tuesday, December 10, 1940:2
Mrs. Horace Hinshaw of Dolton and her infant daughter, Ruth Janet, are now home from Billings hospital in Chicago.
Horace Marcellus Hinshaw died Dec 2 1991, buried Cedar Hill Cemetery, Scottsboro, Jackson County, Alabama.3,4,5,6,8
In 1994 Stella was living in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama.8
Stella died Dec 31 1994, Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama; buried Cedar Hill Cemetery, Scottsboro, Jackson County, Alabama.3,4,5,8
Photo: Horace Marcellus Hinshaw & Stella Jeanette Money gravestone Cedar Hill Cemetery
Social Security information for Horace Marcellus Hinshaw: 323-01-9700
Social Security information for Stella Jeanette Money: 417-86-2804
- Posting Nov 16 2003 by Walter Williams () to HINSHAW-L.
- "The Hammond Times", Dec 10 1940; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Cedar Hill Cemetery", Jackson County, Alabama; USGenWeb Archives.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Seborn Jones" posted by "MiLasater".
- Contribution from John Williams ().
- 1920 census, Precinct 4, Rains County, Texas; roll T625-1840, ED 153, page 15B, line #61, dwelling #292, family #294.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1910 census, Collins Precinct, Jackson County, Alabama; ED 37, page 52B, line #88, dwelling #50, family #50.
- 1930 census, Gurley, Madison County, Alabama; roll T626-37, ED 32, page 6A, line #29, dwelling #140, family #144.
- 1930 census, Gurley, Madison County, Alabama; roll T626-37, ED 32, page 6A, line #32, dwelling #140, family #145.
- 1930 census, Gurley, Madison County, Alabama; roll T626-37, ED 32, page 6B, line #56, dwelling #144, family #150.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]