┌── Elias Hinshaw
┌── Ahijah Goldsmith Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1865-1938 │
│ └── Martitia Macon
Kelsey Elias Hinshaw ────┤
B: 1899 │
D: 1975 │
└── Julia White
M: Rachel Gertrude Hawks
├── Keith Elbert Hinshaw (1928-) 1,2
├── Janet Elaine Hinshaw (1931-2007) 1
├── Sheldon Leroy Hinshaw (1938-) 1
├── Ruth Ellen Hinshaw (1940-) 1
├── Kelsey Elias Hinshaw, Jr. (1941-1942) 1
└── Esther Mae Hinshaw (1942-) 1
Kelsey Elias Hinshaw [ID 08558]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Dec 14 1899, Kansas.1,2,3,4,5,6
On Sep 10 1918 Kelsey Elias Hinshaw, age 18, registered for the World War I draft in Eldorado, Butler County, Kansas. He declared he was born Dec 14 1899 and was then residing in Rose Hill, Butler County, Kansas where he was a student at Friends University. He declared his nearest relative was Mrs. Julia Hinshaw of Rose Hill. He was recorded as medium height, slender, blue eyes, black hair.6
He married Rachel Gertrude Hawks1, Aug 29 19291 [about 19282]. Rachel, daughter of Walter Y. + Mary C. Hawks, was born Aug 1 1901, Kansas.2,3,7,8
Kelsey and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 2 1930), 1349 Lyon St., Des Moines, Polk County, Iowa:2
Hinshaw, Kelsey E., head-of-household, age 30, born in Kansas; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; first married at age 28; rented home ($20 rent); no radio in home; occupation: salesman, fees hore [?unclear]; not a war veteran.
Hinshaw, Rachel H. [initial unclear], age 28, born in Kansas; father born in Massachusetts; mother born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 26; occupation: stenographer, mail order.
, son, age 1 year 4 months, born in Illinois; parents born in Kansas.
In 1975 Kelsey was living in/near Newberg, Yamhill County, Oregon.3
Kelsey Elias Hinshaw died Aug 3 1975, Klamath County, Oregon.3,9
Rachel died Dec 12 2001.3
Photo: Kelsey Elias Hinshaw World War I Draft Registration Card
Social Security information for Kelsey Elias Hinshaw: 543-30-1332
Social Security information for Rachel Gertrude Hawks: 537-26-5220
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- 1930 census, 7th Ward, Des Moines, Lee Township, Polk County, Iowa; roll T626-677, ED 72, page 1B, line #76.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, Richland Township, Butler County, Kansas; roll T623-473, ED 18, page 5A, line #3, dwelling #222, family #224.
- 1910 census, Pleasant Township, Butler County, Kansas; roll T624-433, ED 20, page 176A, line #34, dwelling #7, family #7.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, 7th Ward, Kansas City, Jackson County, Missouri; roll T624-786, ED 81, page 11A, line #19, dwelling #164, family #229.
- 1920 census, Abilene, Dickinson County, Kansas; roll T625-530, ED 32, page 9A, line #46, dwelling #206, family #222.
- Oregon Death Index, 1903-1970; Ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 10:08:54 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]