┌── Ira Hinshaw
┌── William H. Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1858-1937 │
│ └── Louisa (Wells) Staley
Charles J. Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1900 │ ┌── Jacob Shoffner
D: 1969 │ │
└── Dora Shoffner ───────┤
└── Catherine Isley
M: Eva A. Reeves
└── Glendon Reeves Hinshaw (1919-2002) 1,2,3
Charles J. Hinshaw [ID 08657]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Apr 1 1900, Hendricks County, Indiana.1,2,3,4,5,6,7
He married Eva A. Reeves8,9 [Mary A. Reeves3,7,10], Sep 11 19188,9, Hendricks County, Indiana8,9. Eva was born about 1898, Indiana. Eva was born Dec 10 1894, Indiana.3,7,10
Eva/Mary had been previously married and had four children.3
Charles and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 9 1920), 2131 South Meridian, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana:2
Hinshaw, Charles, head-of-household, age 19, born in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; rented home; occupation: laborer, saw factory.
Hinshaw, Eva, wife, age 22, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Charles and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 9 1930), Hazelwood, Hendricks County, Indiana:3
Hinshaw, Charles J., head-of-household, age 30, born in Indiana; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 18; rented home ($8 rent); no radio in home; occupation: laborer, telephone co.; not a war veteran.
Hinshaw, Mary A., wife, age 35, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 15; occupation: operator, switchboard.
Reeves, Donald M., step son, age 18, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; occupation: laborer, railroad.
Reeves, Lowell O., step son, age 17, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Reeves, Bertha M., step daughter, age 13, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Reeves, Mary R., step daughter, age 11, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; attended school.
Eva died Apr - 1983, buried Mooresville Cemetery, Mooresville, Morgan County, Indiana.7,10
In 1969 Charles was living in/near Monrovia, Morgan County, Indiana.10
Charles J. Hinshaw died Jun - 1969, buried Mooresville Cemetery, Mooresville, Morgan County, Indiana.7,10
Photo: Charles J. Hinshaw & Mary A. Reeves gravestone Mooresville Cemetery
Social Security information for Charles J. Hinshaw: 305-03-8520
Social Security information for Eva A. Reeves: 310-34-2810
- Indiana Birth Records Index, 1880-1920. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000.
- 1920 census, Indianapolis, Center Township, Marion County, Indiana; roll T625-455, ED 232, page 8B, line #86, dwelling #171, family #184.
- 1930 census, Hazelwood, Liberty Township, Hendricks County, Indiana; roll T626-591, ED 24, page 3B, line #70, dwelling #80, family #81.
- Contribution from Robert S. Hinshaw citing: Debbie Hinshaw.
- 1900 census, Liberty Township, Hendricks County, Indiana; ED 35, page 247A, line #9, dwelling #256, family #259.
- 1910 census, Monroe Township, Morgan County, Indiana; ED 65, page 5B, line #56, dwelling #122, family #123.
- Hendricks County, Indiana Index to Marriage Records, Book 1 Vol 2;
1823-1920; Indiana Works Progress Administration.
- Hendricks County, Indiana Index to Supplemental Record Marriage Applications,
1823-1920; Indiana Works Progress Administration, 1939; Book 14, pg 547.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]