Eldon Rainsford Lovely Henshaw
┌── John Edward Henshaw
┌── Herbert Alexender Henshaw ──┤
│ 1862-1947 │
│ └── Jemima Chute
Eldon Rainsford Lovely Henshaw ───┤
B: 1893 │ ┌── Rainsford Lovely
D: 1974 │ │
└── Phoebe Helena Lovely ───────┤
└── Georgianna (Lovely)
M: Jennie G. McCormack
Eldon Rainsford Lovely Henshaw [ID 09208]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Oct 13 1893, Perth, Victoria County, New Brunswick.1,2,3,4,5
Eldon attended Horton Academy and entered Acadia University in 1911.6
He married Jennie G. McCormack7 [Jessie G. McCormack8, Jessie Gambrill McCormick9,10,11,12], Sep 2 19337, Queens, New York, New York7. Jennie, daughter of William H. McCormick & Clara Ferguson, was born about 1900, Missouri.8,9,10,11
Eldon and Jessie apparently separated (or divorced then later remarried). Eldon was shown in the 1940 census (Apr 8 1940), "Seamans's Church Institute", South Street, Manhattan, New York, New York:13
Henshaw, Eldon, age 45, born in Canada; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Brooklyn, New York; married; occupation: mess man, merchant marine; worked 15 weeks in 1939; $75 wages in 1939.
Jessie was shown in the 1940 census (Apr 1940) living with her parents in North Hempstead, Nassau County, New York:11
Henshaw, Jessie G., daughter, age 40, born in Missouri; completed 4 years of college; on Apr 1 1935 was living in Elmhurst, Queens County, New York; divorced; occupation: laboratory technician, own business; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $1400 wages in 1939.
In 1947 Eldon was living at 134 Greenway East, New Hyde Park, Long Island, New York.14
On Jun 16 1952 Eldon and Jessie arrived at the Port of New York on the S.S. "Queen Elizabeth", having sailed Jun 11 1952 from Cherbourg, France:12
Henshaw, Jessie Gambrill, age 51, born in Missouri; destination: 134 Greenway East, New Hyde Park, New York; U.S. citizen.
Henshaw, Eldon Rainsford, age 58, born in Canada; destination: 134 Greenway East, New Hyde Park, New York; U.S. citizen.
Eldon and Jessie divorced Jun 1955, Limestone County, Alabama.15
Eldon Rainsford Lovely Henshaw died Jan - 1974, Perth-Andover, New Brunswick.1,5
Photo: Eldon Rainsford Lovely Henshaw birth record Perth, Victoria County, New Brunswick
Social Security information for Eldon Rainsford Lovely Henshaw: 180-12-8300
- Contribution from Paula Jean Henshaw Lessard citing: Herbert Henshaw family bible.
- "New Brunswick, Provincial Returns of Births and Late Registrations, 1810-1906," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTSK-XHZ : accessed 26 Jul 2014);
citing Perth, Victoria, New Brunswick, certificate 003257, Provincial Archives, Fredericton; FHL microfilm 1944020.
- "Canada, Births and Baptisms, 1661-1959," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F2ZX-CYG : accessed 26 Jul 2014);
citing Victoria, New Brunswick, Canada, 13 Oct 1893, reference 38; FHL microfilm 2320169.
- Provincial Archives of New Brunswick, Vital Statistics:
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Contribution from Paula Jean Henshaw Lessard.
- New York, New York, Marriage Indexes 1866-1937; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Queens, Queens County, New York; roll T625-1232, ED 181, page 2A, line #24, dwelling #18, family #32.
- 1910 census, 6274 Wilson Ave., 24th Ward, St. Louis, Missouri; roll T624-814, ED 375, page 1A, line #45, dwelling #10, family #10.
- 1930 census, Queens, Queens County, New York; roll T626-1589, ED 169, page 5B, line #80, dwelling #69, family #91.
- 1940 census, North Hempstead, Nassau County, New York; roll T627-2692, ED 30-270, page 17A, line #7.
- New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1940 census, Manhattan, New York, New York; roll T627-2626, ED 31-105, page 8A, line #32.
- Contribution from Paula Jean Henshaw Lessard and Lori Henshaw, citing:
death certificate of Herbert Alexander Henshaw.
- Alabama Divorce Index, 1950-1959; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2021, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]