┌── Peter Hanshew
┌── Daniel H. Hanshaw ──┤
│ 1855-1925 │
│ └── Lourana Rakes
Edgar Simpson Hanshaw ───┤
B: 1898 │ ┌── Eli Hinds
D: 1929 │ │
└── Emma May Hinds ─────┤
└── Sarah "Sally" E. Lewis
M: Nellie Price
├── Dwyer M. Hanshaw (c1922-) 1,2
└── Paul H. Hanshaw (1924-1971) 1,2
Edgar Simpson Hanshaw [ID 09267]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Nov 12 1898, Ohio.3,4,5,6,7
On Sep 9 1918 Edgar Simpson Hanshaw, age 19, registered for the World War I draft in Huntington, West Virginia. He declared he was born Nov 12 1898, and was then residing at 1728 4th Ave., Huntington, West Virginia where he was a painter employed by Carbon Coal & Fuel Co. of Paint Creek, West Virginia. He declared his nearest relative was Mrs. Emma Hanshaw of the same address. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, brown eyes, light brown hair.5
He married Nellie Price.2 Nellie was born about 1903, West Virginia.2
Edgar Simpson Hanshaw died Jun 9 1929, at his home, 202 37th Street, Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia; age 30y 6m 27d.7,8
Widow Nellie and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 8 1930), 202 38th Street, Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia:2
Hanshaw, Nellie, head-of-household, age 27, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; widow; rented home ($15.00 rent); no radio in home; occupation: top stitcher, shoe factory.
Hanshaw, Dwyer M.
, son, age 8, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; attended school.
Hanshaw, Paul H.
, son, age 6, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia.
Hanshaw, Emma M.
, mother-in-law, age 57, born in Tennessee; parents born in Ohio; widow.
Hanshaw, Jess D.
, brother-in-law, age 37, born in Ohio; father born in West Virginia; mother born in Tennessee; single; occupation: carman, foundry co.; not a war veteran.
Photo: Edgar Simpson Hanshaw death certificate Cabell County, West Virginia
Price, Ray, brother, age 19, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; single; occupation: shipping dept, table co.
- Contribution from William Hanshaw.
- 1930 census, Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia; roll T626-2529, ED 36, page 7B, line #74, dwelling #144, family #174.
- 1900 census, Grant District, Cabell County, West Virginia; roll T623-1756, ED 3, page 8B, line #85, dwelling #144, family #146.
- 1910 census, 4th Ward, Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia; roll T624-1678, ED 34, page 1A, line #30, dwelling #6, family #6.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, 3rd Ward, Huntington, Cabell County, West Virginia; roll T625-1950, ED 25, page 16B, line #81, dwelling #299, family #364.
- Edgar Simpson Hanshaw death certificate; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- West Virginia, Deaths Index, 1853-1973; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]