┌── John E. Hinshaw
┌── Sylvester Tippett Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1860-1939 │
│ └── Sarah "Sally" Moxley
Hurley Monroe Hinshaw ──────┤
B: 1901 │ ┌── Calvin Monroe Holcomb
D: 1990 │ │
└── Maggie B. Holcomb ──────────┤
└── Annie Patience Casstevens
M: Margaret E. Beddingfield
├── Adelaide Hinshaw (1935-2005) 1
└── Sybil Hinshaw 1
Hurley Monroe Hinshaw [ID 09615]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jul 26 19012,3,4,5 [about 19036], North Carolina2,3,4,5.
He married Margaret E. Beddingfield, about 1928.5,7 Margaret was born Oct 4 1906, North Carolina.3,5,8
Hurley was co-owner of "Mackie & Hinshaw, Undertakers and Embalmers", above his father's general store in Yadkinville, North Carolina.9
Hurley and Margaret were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 2 1930), Yadkinville, North Carolina:5
Hinshaw, Hurley M., head-of-household, age 28, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 26; rented home ($10 rent); no radio in home; occupation: secretary & treasurer, [..unclear..]; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Margaret E., wife, age 23, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 21; occupation: teacher, public schools.
Margaret died Dec 24 1985, Yadkin County, North Carolina; age 79.3,8
In 1990 Hurley was living in/near Yadkinville/Courtney, Yadkin County, North Carolina.3
Hurley Monroe Hinshaw died May 31 1990, Yadkin County, North Carolina; age 88.3,4
Photo: Mackie & Hinshaw, Undertakers and Embalmers 1925 calendar
Social Security information for Hurley Monroe Hinshaw: 244-48-2299
Social Security information for Margaret E. Beddingfield: 237-54-2983
- Obituary of Adelaide (Hinshaw) Lakey.
- Contribution from Bill Hinshaw citing:
"The Heritage of Yadkin County", 1981, pg 402,403,474.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- North Carolina Deaths, 1988-92; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, Yadkinville, Liberty Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll T626-1730, ED 16, page 1B, line #72, dwelling #14, family #17.
- 1910 census, Deep Creek Township, Yadkin County, North Carolina; roll T624-1130, ED 138, page 149A, line #3, dwelling #18, family #18.
- Lineage notes on the family and descendents of John Hinshaw and Hannah Carter,
contributed by Bill Hinshaw
- North Carolina Deaths, 1983-87; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Bobby J. Moxley ().
- Photo courtesy of Bobby J. Moxley ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:51 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]