┌── Jesse Benjamin Hinshaw
┌── Joseph H. Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1860-1938 │
│ └── Mary J. Abbott
Marjorie Fay Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1903 │ ┌── George James
D: 1964 │ │
└── Edna Leora James ───┤
└── Allice Deem
M: Norman Edward Rogers
M: - Moore
M: Ira Williams
Marjorie Fay Hinshaw [ID 09791]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Sep 11 1903, Knightstown, Henry County, Indiana.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
She married Norman Edward Rogers, Jun 11 1927.3 Norman was born about 1898, Peoria, Peoria County, Illinois.6,8
Eddie E. Rogers, born Jan 1 1929; died Jun 16 1929.
Raymond James Rogers, born Dec 22 1929, Knightstown, Indiana; died Aug 18 1947, Cass County, Indiana, age 17 (heat exhaustion, drowning); buried Aug 20 1947, Glen Cove Cemetery.
Marjorie and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 25 1930), 217 Washington Street, Knightstown, Henry County, Indiana:6
Rogers, Norman E, head-of-household, age 32, born in Illinois; father born in Michigan; mother born in New York; first married at age 29; owned home ($3500 value); radio in home; occupation: salesman, electric cleaner; World War I veteran.
Rogers, Marjorie F, wife, age 26, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 23.
Rogers, Raymond J, son, age 4 months, born in Indiana; father born in Illinois; mother born in Indiana.
, father-in-law, age 70, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in North Carolina; widower; occupation: city editor, newspaper; not a war veteran.
She then married - Moore.7
- died before Apr 22 1940.7
Marjorie and son Raymond were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 22 1940), 1527 George St., Logansport, Cass County, Indiana:7
Moore, Marjorie, head-of-household, age 36, born in Indiana; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; widow; owned home ($2000 value); occupation: direct selling, paper products; worked 13 weeks in 1939; $0 wages in 1939, plus other income.
Rogers, Raymond, son, age 10, born in Indiana; completed 3rd grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; attended school.
She then married Ira Williams.8,9
Marjorie Fay Hinshaw died Oct 28 1964, Williamsburg, Wayne County, Indiana; age 61.8,9 Marjorie died from a skull fracture after falling down the basement stairs.8
- Henry County, Indiana Index to Birth Records, Book 1, Vol. 2,
1882-1920, Indiana Works Progress Administration.
- Indiana Births, 1880-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1910 census, Knightstown, Henry County, Indiana; roll T624-355, ED 103, page 6B, line #75, dwelling #125, family #126.
- 1920 census, Knightstown, Wayne Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T625-438, ED 83, page 16A, line #30, dwelling #217, family #394.
- 1930 census, Knightstown, Wayne Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll T626-593, ED 38, page 21B, line #84, dwelling #627, family #638.
- 1940 census, Logansport, Cass County, Indiana; roll T627-1030, ED 9-24, page 10A, line #35, household #243.
- Indiana, Death Certificates, 1899-2011; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Indiana, Birth Certificates, 1907-1940; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]