1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-c1768)
7....... William Hinshaw (1759-1807) m Margaret Hunt (1765-1828)
8........ Uriah Hinshaw (1785-1843) m Mary Elizabeth Lewis (1783-1837)
9......... Charles Hinshaw (1811-1895) m Sarah Lee (1815-1886)
10.......... Zimri Hinshaw (1849-1892) m Hannah Naomi Painter (1857-1943)
11........... William H. Hinshaw (1884-1965)
+Orpha E. Bowles (1889-1965)
12............ Meral W. Hinshaw (1911-1991) 1,2,3,4
12............ Margaret H. Hinshaw (1914-) 2,3,5
William H. Hinshaw [ID 10332]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan 30 18841,6,7,8,9,10,11 [about 18862], Americus, Lyon County, Kansas1,6,7,8,9,10,11.
He married Orpha E. Bowles3,6,7 [Sopha E. Bowles2], Aug 17 19093,6,7, Spring River, Kansas3,6,7. Orpha, daughter of Levi Bowles & Hannah Elizabeth Mendenhall, was born Apr 1 1889, Northbranch, Jewell County, Kansas.2,3,6,12
William was shown in the 1910 census (May 2 1910), 739 [..street name unclear..], Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California:9
Hinshaw, William, head-of-household, age 26, born in Kansas; father born in Iowa; mother born in Indiana; first marriage, married 1 year; occupation: bookkepper, gas office; rented home.
Orpha was shown in the 1910 census (Apr 27 1910), 710 Locust St., Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California:12
Hinshaw, Orpha E., head-of-household, age 21, born in Kansas; father born in Indiana; mother born in Iowa; first marriage, married 0 years; no children; occupation: none; rented home.
On Sep 12 1918 William H. Hinshaw, age 34, registered for the World War I draft at Masonic Temple, Pomona, Los Angeles County, California. He declared he was born Jan 30 1884, and was then residing in Los Angeles, California where he was a farmer. He declared his nearest relative was Orpha E. Hinshaw of Los Angeles. He was recorded as tall, medium build, blue eyes, light brown hair.10
William and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 20 1920), Rowland Heights, Los Angeles County, California:2
Hinshaw, William H., head-of-household, age 34, born in Kansas; parents born in United States; rented home; occupation: farmer, walnut farm.
Hinshaw, Sopha E., wife, age 34, born in Kansas; parents born in United States.
Hinshaw, Meral W.
, son, age 8, born in California; parents born in Kansas; attended school.
Bowles, Eunice, sister-in-law, age 22, born in Kansas; parents born in United States; single.
William was shown in the 1930 census (Apr 6 1930), Olive View Sanatorium, 14600 Foothill Boulevard, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California:11
Hinshaw, William H., lodger, age 46, born in Kansas; father born in Indiana; mother born in Ohio; married, first married at age 25; occupation: none; not a war veteran.
Orpha and children were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 12 1930), 1717 Woodbury Road, Pasadena Township, Los Angeles County, California:3
Hinshaw, Orpha E., head-of-household, age 34, born in Kansas; father born in Indiana; mother born in Iowa; married, first married at age 20; owned home ($3500 value); no radio in home; occupation: manager, cafeteria.
Hinshaw, Meral W.
, son, age 18, born in California; parents born in Kansas; attended school.
Hinshaw, Margaret H.Living four houses away in 1930, at 1689 Woodbury Road, was William's widowed mother.13
, daughter, age 15, born in California; parents born in Kansas; attended school.
Orpha died Apr 29 1965, Pasadena, California; buried Altadena, California.6
William H. Hinshaw died Sep 24 1965, Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California.1,6
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- 1920 census, Rowland Heights, Rowland Township, Los Angeles County, California; roll T625-119, ED 547, page 7A, line #19, dwelling #5, family #5.
- 1930 census, Pasadena Township, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-169, ED 1270, page 11B, line #81, dwelling #292, family #305.
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Mendenhall-DL Genealogical Database",
from William Dean Leonard ().
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1900 census, Americus Township, Lyon County, Kansas; roll T623-487, ED 65, page 8A, line #37, dwelling #156, family #157.
- 1910 census, 6th Ward, Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California; roll T624-86, ED 312, page 9A, line #44, dwelling #236, family #240.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-156, ED 605, page 7B, line #96.
- 1910 census, 1st Ward, Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California; roll T624-86, ED 300, page 19A, line #23, dwelling #519, family #541.
- 1930 census, Pasadena Township, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-169, ED 1270, page 11B, line #93, dwelling #296, family #309.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:52 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]