1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll 2.. Thomas Henshall (?-(c1631) 3... John Henshall (1611-(c1687) m Elizabeth - 4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth - 5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw 6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Sarah Courtney (1730-(c1768) 7....... William Hinshaw (1759-1807) m Margaret Hunt (1765-1828) 8........ Uriah Hinshaw (1785-1843) +Mary Elizabeth Lewis (1783-1837) 9......... William Hinshaw (1808-1876) 9......... Evan Hinshaw (1810-1873) 9......... Charles Hinshaw (1811-1895) 9......... Henry Hinshaw (1813-1820) 9......... Richard Hinshaw (1814-1861) 9......... Ezra Hinshaw (1816-1841) 9......... David Hinshaw (1818-1870) 9......... Asenath Hinshaw (1820-1888) 9......... Serena Hinshaw (1822-1882) 9......... Zimri Hinshaw (1823-1892) 9......... Ruth Hinshaw (1826-1871) 9......... Angelina Hinshaw (1829-?) +Rebecca Allen (1794-?)
|Uriah Hinshaw     [ID 00295]||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view:|
(Uriah Hinshaw)2,44,45,108    (Uriah Hanshaw)a
Born 1-8-1785, New Garden MM, North Carolina.2,44,45,108
He married Mary Elizabeth Lewis, 2-10-1808, Lost Creek MM, Jefferson County, Tennessee.2,45,63,108,b    Mary, daughter of Evan Lewis & Susannah Moon, was born May 3 1783.126,c,d
On 1-25-1817, Uriah was chosen overseer of Lost Creek MM.2
At Lost Creek MM on 4-26-1828, Uriah, Mary & family were granted certificates to Newberry MM, Blount County, Tennessee.2
At Newberry MM on 8-2-1828, Uriah & family (sons: Evan, Charles, Richard, Ezra, David, & Zimri) were received on a certificate from Lost Creek MM dated 4-26-1828.2
On 2-6-1830, Uriah was chosen overseer of Newberry MM.2
Once in 1827 and twice 1835, Uriah made land purchases in Blount County, Tennessee.    In 1836 and 1843, Uriah sold Blount County land parcels to William Lee.e
Uriah and family are shown in the 1830 census living in Blount County, Tennessee, as follows:a
He then married Rebecca Allen, 11-3-1838, Newberry MM, Blount County, Tennessee.2,44,45,g    Rebecca, daughter of James Allen & Elizabeth Lawrence, was born Nov 2 1794.108,d,205
Uriah Hinshaw died Oct 8 1843, Blount County, Tennessee; buried Newberry MM, Blount County, Tennessee.d,126,h
Uriah prepared his will on the "22nd day of the Second month", 1843:i
"I Uriah Henshaw of the county of Blount and State of Tennessee being weak in body but of perfect mind and memory do make and ordain this my last will and testament revoking all others heretofore made by me 1st My will is that my just debts and funeral expenses be paid out of personal estate by my executors hereafter to be named
2nd My will is that my wife Rebecca after my decease have her maintainance off my plantation during her natural life or widowhood and in Case She should marry my will is that She Shall have a horse and Saddle a cow a bed and a bedstead and furniture a case of drawers and a set of plates and a set of tea Cups and Saucers a pot and oven and a set of Knives and forks.
3rd My will is that my Sons William Evan and Charles Shall have each one dollar to be paid by my executors out of my personal estate.
4th My will is that my son Richard Shall have a horse worth fifty dollars
5th My will is that my Grand Son Richard Thomson Son of Ezra Henshaw deceased have twenty five acres of land including twelve acres that is cleared and the house that my Son Ezra built with all the buildings and my will is that Nancy the widow of my Son Ezra deceased Shall have the Support of the Same during her natural life or widowhood
6th my will is that my daughters Asenath Serena Ruth and Angelina shall have each a horse Saddle and Bridle a cow and a bed bedding and bedstead a Set of dishes plates and teacups and saucers and a pot and oven 7th My will is that the ballance of my estate both real and personal be equally divided betwixt my Sons david and Zimri provided that they pay all of my debts and the foregoing legacies Lastly I constitute and appoint Benjamin Mills and my son David my sole executors of this my last will and testament
I witness whereof I have hereunto Set my hand and affixed my Seal this 22nd day of the Second month one thousand eight hundred and forty three
Uriah Henshaw (Seal)
Signed Sealed and acknowledged in presence of
Widow Rebecca and family were shown in the 1850 census, Jasper County, Iowa:j
Rebecca apparently remarried.    A Rebbecca Henshaw (probably widow Rebecca Allen Hinshaw) was married Nov 24 1851 in Jasper County, Iowa to a Thomas Rees.k,l    The Hinshaw family farm was shown in the 1860 census inhabited by unmarried children Zimri, Asenath and Serena, but not Rebecca.m    Rebecca might have died before 1860n as she has not been found in Iowa in the 1860 census.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
44. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - North Carolina.
45. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Tennessee.
63. "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to [Iowa] Quaker Meeting Records", a microfiche in the LDS Family History Library.
108. "Our Ancestry" - Family Records of Members of Blount County, Tennessee, Genealogical & Historical Society, 1988, in the Tennessee State Library and Archives. Contributed by Robert Worley.
126. Family group sheets from Annette L. Schmidt ()
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) 1830 census, Blount County, Tennessee, page 254.
(b) "Tennessee Marriages to 1825" (www.ancestry.com).
(c) Contribution from Dee March ().
(d) Jerry Richmond database: http://home.sprynet.com/~jrichmon/hins0460.htm.
(e) Blount County deed records, Tennessee State Library and Archives.
(f) http://www.ancestry.com GEDCOM file F1701.GED.
(g) "Early East Tennessee Marriages", Sistler, 1987.
(h) "Bacher" database: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/8552/g0000148.htm.
(i) Contribution from Robert Worley citing:
Blount County Tennessee Will Book 1, 1799-1858
(W.P.A. transcription, Tennesse Library & Archives).
(j) 1850 census, Jasper County, Iowa, page 378B, household #137.
(k) Marriage Register, Jasper County, Iowa, Volume 1 1849-1869; USGenWeb:
(l) Marriage Register, Jasper County, Iowa, Volume 1 1849-1869; USGenWeb:
(m) 1860 census, Mariposa Township, Jasper County, Iowa; page 823, line #13, dwelling #76, family #72.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]