1. Francis Hanshaw (c1802-1870) m Mary Ann Obrion Simmons (c1801-?)
2.. Silas Smith Hanshaw (c1839-<1910) m Elizabeth Ann Pierson (1837-1929)
3... James Luther Hanshaw (1867-1943) m Cora W. Parker (1870-1927)
4.... Cora Leah Hanshaw (1899-1982)
+Claude Donnally Cornwell (1898-1956)
+Wallace Pickett (1904-1970)
Cora Leah Hanshaw [ID 11092]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Cora Leah Hanshaw1 [Leah Hanshaw1].
Born Jan - 1899, West Virginia.2,3,4,5 (Jan 14 1898).1,6
She married Claude Donnally Cornwell, about 1921.1,5 Claude, son of Frank G. Cornwell & Nina A. Donnally, was born Sep 28 1898, West Virginia.6,7,8 (c1900).5
Mary Francis Cornwell, born Dec 18 1921, Charleston, West Virginia; died May 5 1948, South Charleston, West Virginia; unmarried.
Julia A. Cornwell, born c1925, West Virginia.
On Sep 12 1918 Claude Donnally Cornwell, age 19, had registered for the World War I draft in Charleston, West Virginia. He declared he was born Sept 28 1898, and was then residing at 1002 Bullitt, Charleston. He had declared his nearest relative was Nine E. Cornwell of the same address. He was recorded as medium height, stout, blue eyes, light hair, with "left arm, old fracture arm crooked".8
Cora and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 9 1930), 146 Costello St., Charleston, Kanawha County, West Virginia:5
Cornwell, Claude, head-of-household, age 30, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; first married at age 21; rented home ($25 rent); no radio in home; occupation: helper service sta., oil co.; not a war veteran.
Cornwell, Leah, wife, age 30, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; first married at age 21.
Cornwell, Mary F., daughter, age 8, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; attended school.
Cornwell, Julia A., daughter, age 4 years ? months [unclear], born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia.
Claude died Dec - 1956.6
She then married Wallace Pickett.1 Wallace was born Jul 10 1904.6
Wallace died Nov - 1970.6
In 1982 Cora was living in/near Saint Albans, Kanawha County, West Virginia.6
Cora Leah Hanshaw died Oct - 1982.1,6
Photo: Death certificate for daughter Mary Francis Cornwell
Social Security information for Cora Leah Hanshaw: 233-38-1520
Social Security information for Claude Donnally Cornwell: 233-10-8083
Social Security information for Wallace Pickett: 232-12-8635
- Contribution from Sue Anne Kinder ().
- Contribution from "Jan" ().
- 1900 census, 2nd Ward, Charleston, Kanawha County, West Virginia; roll T623-1762, ED 45, page 19A, line #35, dwelling #385, family #396.
- 1910 census, Charleston, Kanawha County, West Virginia; roll T624-1684, ED 64, page 14B, line #63, dwelling #242, family #263.
- 1930 census, 5th Ward, Charleston, Kanawha County, West Virginia; roll T626-2537, ED 33, page 14B, line #54, dwelling #279, family #279.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, 4th Ward, Charleston, Kanawha County, West Virginia; roll T623-1762, ED 46, page 20B, dwelling #403, family #420.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Death certificate for Mary Francis Cornwell; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]