1. John Hanshaw (c1785-?)
+Rebecca Goudy (c1795-?)
2.. Uriah Hanshaw (c1829-?) 1
2.. Andrew Lewis Hanshaw (1836-1926) 1,2,3
2.. John W. Hanshaw (c1839-?) 1,3
2.. Rebecca Jane Hanshaw (c1841-?) 1,3
John Hanshaw [ID 12376]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born about 1785, Pennsylvania.1 (c1789, Maryland).2,3
He married Rebecca Goudy.2,4 Rebecca was born about 1795, Virginia.1 (c1792).5 (c1799).2,3
John and family were shown in the 1850 census, Noble Township, Wabash County, Indiana:1
John Hanshaw, age 65, born in Pennsylvania; farmer; cannot read or write.
Rebecca Hanshaw, age 55, born in Virginia; cannot read or write.
John and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 11 1860), North Bend Township, Starke County, Indiana:3
John Handshaw, age 71, born in Maryland; farmer.
Rebecca Handshaw, age 61, born in Virginia; $500 real estate; $235 personal property.
Rebecca, apparently widowed, was shown in the 1870 census (Jul 23 1870), living with the family of son John in North Bend Township, Starke County, Indiana:5
, age 29, born in Virginia; laborer; $600 real estate; $100 personal property.
, Mary, age 24, born in Ohio; keeping house.
Hanshaw, Rebecca, age 78, born in Virginia; cannot write.
Living next door in 1870 was the family of son Andrew.6
John had a brother named George, born 1795.4
John and Rebecca are buried in North Bend Township, Starke County, Indiana.7
This person's ancestry is unknown!
If you know who the parents were, please
- 1850 census, Noble Township, Wabash County, Indiana; roll M432_178; page 434, line #12, dwelling #304, family #406.
- LDS "Pedigree Resource File".
- 1860 census, North Bend P.O., North Bend Township, Starke County, Indiana; roll M653-297, page 387, line #19, dwelling #73, family #73.
- Contribution from Evelyn Maynard ().
- 1870 census, San Pierre P.O., North Bend Township, Starke County, Indiana; roll M593-359, page 23, line #6, dwelling #93, family #85.
- 1870 census, San Pierre P.O., North Bend Township, Starke County, Indiana; roll M593-359, page 23, line #1, dwelling #92, family #84.
- Contribution from Deborah Burnett Overmyer.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]