1. William Hinshaw (1808-1885) m Nancy Reynolds (c1833-1909)
2.. Andrew Jackson Hinshaw (1861-1925) m Ruth Adaline Waits (1860-1922)
3... Martha Elizabeth Henshaw (1888-?)
+L. Henry Oakley (c1873-?)
Martha Elizabeth Henshaw [ID 12921]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Martha Elizabeth Henshaw1,2,3 [Lizzie Henshaw4,5,6].
Born Jan - 1888, Tennessee.1 (Kansas).2,4 (c1890, Kansas).7 (c1883, Kansas)5
She married L. Henry Oakley2,3,8 [Henry Oakley6], Oct 16 19122,3,8, Collin County, Texas2,3,8. L. was born about 1873, Texas.5
Six known children,3 including:
Ethel Lee Oakley, born Feb 27 1914, Collin County, Texas; died Aug 23 1934, Gainesville, Cooke County, Texas, age 20; married Elmer Riche..
Jesse W. Oakley, born 1915, Texas.
Russell/Everett Oakley, born May 28 1917, Sherman, Grayson County, Texas.
Martha and children were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 16 1920), living in the household of Martha's parents, Denton County, Texas:2
Oakley, Martha E., daughter, age 32, born in Kansas; parents born in Tennessee; married.
Oakley, Ethel L., grand daughter, age 5, born in Texas; father born in Kansas; mother born in United States [sic].
Oakley, Jess W., grand son, age 4 years 6 months, born in Texas; father born in Kansas; mother born in United States [sic].
Oakley, Everett, grand son, age 3, born in Texas; father born in Kansas; mother born in United States [sic].
Martha and Henry divorced.3
Martha's children (apparently orphaned) were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 23 1930), Bucknerīs Orphans Home (apparently a private institution), Dallas County, Texas:9
Oakley, Jesse, inmate, age 14, born in Texas; father born in Texas; mother born in Tennessee; attended school.
Oakley, Russell, inmate, age 13, born in Texas; father born in Texas; mother born in Tennessee; attended school.
Oakley, Ethel L., inmate, age 16, born in Texas; father born in Texas; mother born in Tennessee; attended school.
- 1900 census, Civil District 6, Greene County, Tennessee; roll T623-1573, ED 34, page 11A, line #42, dwelling #208, family #208.
- 1920 census, Precinct 8, Denton County, Texas; roll T625-1796, ED 68, page 14A, line #13, dwelling #180, family #183.
- Contribution from Glenda Mounger ().
- 1910 census, Precinct 1, Collin County, Texas; roll T624-1539, ED 2, page 10A, line #15, dwelling #131, family #133.
- Texas, Birth Certificates, 1903-1932; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Texas, Death Certificates, 1903-1982; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1895 Kansas state census, White Mound, Jewell County, Kansas; roll v115-67, dwelling #36, family #39.
- Collin County, Texas, Marriage Index, 1800-2010; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1930 census, Bucknerīs Orphans Home, Dallas County, Texas; roll T626-2322, ED 117, page 1A, line #11, dwelling #3, family #3.
- Texas Birth Index, 1903-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]