1. James Hinshaw
2.. James Hinshaw (c1798-1858) m Nellie Robertson (c1800-1860)
3... Carrel Hinshaw (1832-1882) m Elizabeth Ellen Marshall (c1834-1894)
4.... James I. Henshaw (1865-?) m Henrietta Ferrell (1866-?)
5..... Earl Ferrell Henshaw (1894-1962)
+Edna Lauchner (c1900-)
6...... Grant Ferrell Henshaw (1917-1990) 1,2,3
Earl Ferrell Henshaw [ID 13340]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Oct 9 1894, Creal Springs, Williamson County, Illinois.1,2,4,5,6
He married Edna Lauchner1,7 [Edna Lauchum8]. Edna, daughter of Grant Lauchner, was born about 1900, Oklahoma.1,2,7,9
On Jun 5 1917 Earl F. Henshaw, age 22, registered for the World War I draft in Madill, Marshall County, Oklahoma. He declared he was born Oct 9 1894 in Creal Springs, Illinois, and that he was then residing in Madill, Oklahoma where he was self-employed in stock raising, with his wife. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, blue eyes, light hair.6 On the same day brother Reuben also registered for the draft.6
Earl was a veteran of World War I.2
The following article was published in "The Daily Ardmoreite" (Ardmore, Oklahoma) on Thursday, October 31, 1918:10
Mrs. Earl Henshaw returned after a visit her sister Mrs. Reasor Dawson in Kingston.
Earl and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 6 1920), Madill, Marshall County, Oklahoma (census page extremely faded):1
Henshaw, Earl F., head-of-household, age 25, born in Illinois; father born in Indiana; mother born in Illinois; owned home; occupation: proprietor, confectionary.
Henshaw, Edna, wife, age 20, born in Oklahoma; father born in Missouri; mother born in Oklahoma.
Henshaw, Grant F.Living next door in 1920 were Earl's parents and family.11
[unclear], son, age 2 years 6 months, born in Oklahoma; father born in Illinois; mother born in Oklahoma.
Earl and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 8 1930), 6th St., Port Arthur, Jefferson County, Texas:2
Henshaw, Earl, head-of-household, age 35, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; first married at age 21; rented home ($35.00 rent); no radio in home; occupation: proprietor, grocery store; World War I veteran.
Henshaw, Edna, wife, age 30, born in Oklahoma; parents born in Oklahoma; first married at age 18; occupation: clerk, grocery store.
Henshaw, Grant F.
, son, age 12, born in Oklahoma; father born in Illinois; mother born in Oklahoma; attended school.
Earl Ferrell Henshaw died Mar 12 196212 [Mar 10 196213], Newton County, Texas12.
- 1920 census, Madill, Marshall County, Oklahoma; roll T625-1472, ED 163, page 8B, line #53, dwelling #164, family #176.
- 1930 census, Port Arthur, Jefferson County, Texas; roll T626-2362, ED 49, page 12B, line #59, dwelling #227, family #277.
- Contribution from Judy Carol Henshaw Stevenson.
- 1900 census, Metropolis, Massac County, Illinois; roll T623-329, ED 55, page 11A-B, line #49, dwelling #257, family #285.
- 1910 census, 2nd Ward, Madill, Marshall County, Oklahoma; roll T624-1262, ED 193, page 206B, line #66, dwelling #98, family #99.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Posting May 26 2002 by "P.J. Not Kin" () to the Marshall County, Oklahoma message board:
- Marshall County, Oklahoma marriages; USGenWeb Archives:
- The "Madill Record", Feb 3 1921; USGenWeb Archives:
- "The Daily Ardmoreite" (Ardmore, Oklahoma), Oct 31 1918;
posted Sep 27 2005 by Nita () to the Marshall County, Oklahoma message board:
- 1920 census, Madill, Marshall County, Oklahoma; roll T625-1472, ED 163, page 8B, line #56, dwelling #165, family #177.
- Texas Death Index, 1903-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Judy Henshaw Stevenson.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:55 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]