1. Nicholas Hancher (1705-1777) m Rebecca Smith (c1707-?)
2.. John Hancher (1734-1793) m Sarah Caudy (1739-1807)
3... William Hancher m Ann Dunn (c1756-?)
4.... Smith Hancher (c1798-1865) m Mary Steward (?-1842)
5..... Stewart Hanshaw (1837-1890) m Roseanna Ratcliff (1846-1916)
6...... Ernest Adell Hanshaw (1871-c1957) m Minnie Alice Pickett (1868-1948)
7....... Lester Adel Hanshaw (1892-1973)
+Garnet Claudine Clark (1906-1995)
Lester Adel Hanshaw [ID 15408]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan 26 1892, Iowa.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
On Jun 5  Lester Hanshaw, age 25, registered for the World War I draft in Brevard County, Florida. He declared he was born January 26 1892 in Iowa, and that he was single with a dependent mother. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, gray eyes.3,4
Lester was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 16 1920), living alone in Micco, Brevard County, Florida:7
Hanshaw, Lester, head-of-household, age 27, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; single; owned home (free); occupation: fruit grower, citrus.
He married Garnet Claudine Clark, about 1924.8 Garnet, daughter of - Clark & - Sole, was born Nov 16 1906, Washington.1,8,9
Lester and Garnet were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 2-3 1930), Broadway St., Fellsmere, Indian River County, Florida:8
Hanshaw, Lester A., head-of-household, age 38, born in Iowa; parents born in Iowa; first married at age 31; rented home ($10 rent); no radio in home; occupation: grove tender, fruit farm.
Hanshaw, Garnet C., wife, age 23, born in Washington; parents born in Ohio; first married at age 17; occupation: teacher, Fellsmere school.
In 1973 Lester was living in/near Sebastian, Indian River County, Florida.1
Lester Adel Hanshaw died Nov 20 1973, Indian River County, Florida; age 81.1,2
In 1995 Garnet was living in/near Grass Valley, Nevada County, California.1
Garnet died Jun 22 1995, Nevada County, California; age 88.1
Social Security information for Lester Adel Hanshaw: 261-28-1344
Social Security information for Garnet Claudine Clark: 350-28-1680
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Florida Death Index, 1936-1998; http://www.ancestry.com.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- WWI Civilian Draft Registrations; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Iowa State Census, 1895; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Lick Creek Township, Van Buren County, Iowa; roll T623-462, ED 99, page 2B, line #86, dwelling #40, family #40.
- 1920 census, Micco, Brevard County, Florida; roll T625-215, ED 5, page 6A, line #6, dwelling #27, family #28.
- 1930 census, Fellsmere, Indian River County, Florida; roll T626-321, ED 12, page 1B, line #83, dwelling #35, family #35.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]