1. Hiram B. Hanshaw (c1810-1870) m Catherine Miner (1814-1879)
2.. Charles F. W. Hanshaw (1841-1888) m Martha Jane "Mattie" McClaskey (1844-c1928)
3... Frank Wayne Hanshaw (1873-1927) m Mary Gertrude McCoy (1874-1959)
4.... George Lee Hanshaw, Sr. (1897-1989)
+Kathryn Reilly (c1901-)
5..... George Lee Hanshaw, Jr. (c1927-) 1
5..... James Barry Hanshaw (c1928-) 1,2
5..... Elizabeth Annette Hanshaw (c1930-) 1
George Lee Hanshaw, Sr. [ID 15963]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jul 3 1897, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.1,2,3,4,5 (May - 1897).6
George was a veteran of World War I.1
He married Kathryn Reilly, 1926, White Plains, New York.1,2 Kathryn was born about 1901, New York.1
Four children total.2
George was a financial advisor and was one of the first employees of what became Merrill Lynch.2
George and family were shown in the 1930 census (May 24 1930), 11 Huntington Ave., Scarsdale, Westchester County, New York:1
Hanshaw, George L., head-of-household, age 32, born in Pennsylvania; father born in West Virginia; mother born in Pennsylvania; first married at age 29; owned home ($35,000 value); radio in home; occupation: customers man, stock exchange house; World War I veteran.
Hanshaw, Kathryn R., wife, age 29, born in New York; father born in Irish Free State; mother born in Connecticut; first married at age 26.
Hanshaw, George L. Jr.
, son, age 2 years ? months [unclear], born in New York; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in New York.
Hanshaw, James Barry
, son, age 1 year 4 months, born in New York; father born in Pennsylvania; mother born in New York.
Ganoe, Virginia, servant, age 19, born in West Virginia; parents born in West Virginia; single; attended school; occupation: cook, private family.
George Lee Hanshaw, Sr. died Sep 27 1989, White Plains, New York; age 92.2,3
Social Security information for George Lee Hanshaw, Sr.: 065-09-3024
- 1930 census, Scarsdale, Westchester County, New York; roll T626-1665, ED 342, page 1A, line #11, dwelling #4, family #6.
- Minerd-Miner-Minor National Family Reunion and Research:
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1910 census, 30th Ward, Brooklyn, New York City, Kings County, New York; roll T624-985, ED 1410, page 70A, line #14, dwelling #131, family #182.
- 1920 census, Mount Kisco, New Castle Township, Westchester County, New York; roll T625-1281, ED 105, page 7A-B, line #44, dwelling #116, family #140.
- 1900 census, Manhattan, New York City, New York; roll T623-1106, ED 548, page 1B-2A, line #93, dwelling #6, family #26.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]