1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Dorothy Lennox
6...... John Hinshaw (1724-1783) m Rebecca Wethereld (c1731-1783)
7....... Thomas Hinshaw (1764-1822) m Rebecca Holliday (1764-1848)
8........ Stephen Hinshaw (1803-1854) m Gulia Elma Maria Hoover (1806-1873)
9......... Thomas Hinshaw (1832-1872) m Lydia Davis (1838-1915)
10.......... Perry Thomas Hinshaw (1871-1939) m Emma Alice Jewell (1868-1949)
11........... Martha Geneva Hinshaw (1902-1980)
+Alfred Homer Travelstead (1894-1968)
Martha Geneva Hinshaw [ID 01620]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Martha Geneva Hinshaw1 [Geneva Hinshaw1,2,3].
Born Aug 10 1902, Anderson, Madison County, Indiana.3,4,5,6,7,8
She married Art Hobson, about 1927.1,8
Martha was shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11 1930), living with her parents at 6627 Ferguson, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana:8
, head-of-household, age 58, born in Kansas; parents born in Indiana; married, first married at age 22; owned home ($1600 value); radio in home; occupation: conductor, [..unclear..] co.; not a veteran.
Hinshaw, Emma A.
, wife, age 61, born in Indiana; father born in Kentucky; mother born in Indiana; married, first married at age 25.
Hinshaw, C. Wayne
, son, age 22, born in Indiana; father born in Kansas; mother born in Indiana; married, first married at age 21; occupation: salesman, grocery.
Hobson, Martha G., daughter, age 27, born in Indiana; father born in Kansas; mother born in Indiana; married, first married at age 24; occupation: none.
She then married Alfred Homer Travelstead, Sep 16 1944, Noblesville, Hamilton County, Indiana.4 Alfred, son of - Travelstead & - McReynolds, was born Aug 20 1894, Allen County, Kentucky.4,6
Alfred died Feb 5 1968, buried Union Chapel Cemetery, near Indianapolis, Indiana.4,6
Geneva was living in Indianapolis, Indiana, in 1972.4
Martha Geneva Hinshaw died May 16 1980, Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana.6,9,10 Medical: Geneva died from "plasma cell myeloma".11
Photo: Geneva Hinshaw
Social Security information for Martha Geneva Hinshaw: 304-05-2767
Social Security information for Alfred Homer Travelstead: 304-05-5085
- Contribution from Robert Stephan Hinshaw.
- Obituary of brother Orval Howard Hinshaw included in
GEDCOM file g1682.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Indianapolis, Wayne Township, Marion County, Indiana; roll T624-369, ED 265, page 170A, line #30, dwelling #168, family #171.
- "Genealogy of Hinshaw/Henshaw"
by DoraLee Harvey Hatley (see Mary Jane Hinshaw),
in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0982181, item 4.
- "The Hinshaw Record" by Lyle Harris Hadley, Florida (1965),
in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0962525, item 10.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1920 census, Washington Township, Marion County, Indiana; roll T625-450, ED 22, page 1B, line #65, dwelling #18, family #18.
- 1930 census, Indianapolis, Washington Township, Marion County, Indiana; roll T626-610, ED 349, page 2B, line #59, dwelling #8, family #8.
- Contribution from Robert Stephan Hinshaw citing:
death certificate for Martha Geneva Hinshaw; Indiana #80-018270.
- GEDCOM file g1682.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- Contribution from Robert Stephan Hinshaw citing: death certificate.
- Photo courtesy of Robert S. Hinshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]