1. Joseph Henshaw (1775-1853) m Hannah - (c1786-?)
2.. Abram Henshaw (c1815-?)
+Laura - (c1827-<1880)
3... Eva Henshaw (c1855-?) 1
3... Ferona Henshaw (c1857-?) 1
3... Joseph Henshaw (1861-?) 2,3
+Mary M. Jones
Abram Henshaw [ID 16533]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born about 1815, New York.1,2,3,4,5
On Mar 1 1848 Abram Henshaw, of Racine County Wisconsin, acquired 40 acres in Kenosha County, Wisconsin.6,7 A few years earlier, on Aug 1 1844, a Seth Travis Henshaw of Racine County had acquired 40 acres of land in Kenosha County;6,7 on Sep 10 1844 the same Seth Travis Henshaw acquired 40 additional acres in Kenosha County;6,7 Seth Travis Henshaw was probably closely related to Abram.8
Abram was shown in the 1850 census (Sep 26 1850), living with his parents (apparently unmarried) in Brighton, Kenosha County, Wisconsin:4
Abram Henshaw, age 34, born in New York; farmer; $400 real estate.
He married Laura -.1,2 Laura was born about 1827, New York.1,2
Abram and family were shown in the 1860 census (Aug 3 1860), Dayton Township, Green Lake County, Wisconsin:1
Hanshaw, Abram, age 43, born in New York; farmer; $1000 real estate; $400 personal property.
Hanshaw, Laura, age 33, born in New York.
Also living in Green Lake County, Wisconsin in 1860 was the family of James Henshaw/Hanshaw #16743 and Lewis M. Henshaw #14507.
Abram and family were shown in the 1870 census (Aug 18 1870), Jackson Township, Linn County, Missouri:2
Henshaw, Abram, age 55, born in New York; farmer; $2000 real estate; $500 personal property.
Henshaw, Laura, age 43, born in New York; housekeeper.
Laura died before Jun 1 1880.3
Abram and son Joseph were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 1 1880), Jackson Township, Linn County, Missouri:3
Henshaw, Abrem, age 64, born in Wisconsin; parents born in New York; widower; farmer.
, son, age 18, born in Wisconsin; parents born in New York; works on farm.
He then married Mary M. Jones, May 2 1882, Green Lake County, Wisconsin.9
- 1860 census, Grand Prairie P.O., Dayton Township, Green Lake County, Wisconsin; roll M653-1410, page 915, line #25, dwelling #2097, family #1905.
- 1870 census, Linneus P.O., Jackson Township, Linn County, Missouri; roll M593-788, page 284, line #15, dwelling #33, family #41.
- 1880 census, Jackson Township, Linn County, Missouri; roll T9-0700, ED 190, page 551A, line #39, dwelling #9, family #9.
- 1850 census, Brighton, Kenosha County, Wisconsin; roll M432-1000, page 197, line #24, dwelling #30, family #33.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Jan Payne ().
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management - Land Patent database: http://www.glorecords.blm.gov.
- Kenosha County, Wisconsin land patents; USGenWeb Archives:
- "Wisconsin Marriages, pre-1907"; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]