1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... Jesse Hinshaw (1720-1797) m Abigail Marshall (1724-1806)
7....... John Hinshaw (1747-1800) m Ruth (Pike) Weisner (1744-1795)
8........ John Hinshaw (1777-1836) m Lydia Macy (1776-1858)
9......... Trustrem Hinshaw (1801-1869) m Martha Hinshaw (1799-1870)
10.......... Isaac Newton Hinshaw (1829-1879) m Fruzena Cox (1831-?)
11........... Winfield Monroe Hinshaw (1856-1936) m Susan J. Laughlin (1855-1937)
12............ John Dayton Hinshaw (1891-1952)
+Mamie Mae Bolling (1895-1976)
13............. Nell Hinshaw (1921-2007) 1
13............. Bettie Sue Hinshaw (c1924-) 1
13............. John David Hinshaw (1926-1996) 1,2
John Dayton Hinshaw [ID 17342]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan 27 18913,4 [Jan - 18901,5,6], Randolph County, North Carolina3,4.
John was a World War I veteran.1,3 On Apr 26 1918 John D. Hinshaw reported for duty at Camp Jackson, Columbia, South Carolina.7
John was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 29 1920), living in a boarding house at 115 Pine St., High Point, Guilford County, North Carolina:4
Hinshaw, John, boarder, age 28, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; single; occupation: knitter, hosiery mill.
He married Mamie Mae Bolling.2,8 Mamie, daughter of Jonathan Austin Bolling & Sidney Hinshaw, was born May 8 1895, North Carolina.1,2,8
John and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 15 1930), 1117 Adams, High Point, Guilford County, North Carolina:1
Henshaw, John D., head-of-household, age 39, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 29; owned home ($4000 value); radio in home; occupation: machine [..unclear..], hosiery mill; World War I veteran.
Henshaw, Mamie, wife, age 35, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; first married at age 25.
, daughter, age 8, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina; attended school.
Henshaw, John D
, son, age 3, born in North Carolina; parents born in North Carolina.
John Dayton Hinshaw died Oct 22 1952, High Point Memorial Hospital, High Point, Guilford County, North Carolina; age 61y 8m 25d.2,3,8
Mamie died Sep 10 1976, High Point, Guilford County, North Carolina; age 81.2,8
Photo: John Dayton Hinshaw death certificate Guilford County, North Carolina
Social Security information for John Dayton Hinshaw: 240-03-6506
- 1930 census, High Point, Guilford County, North Carolina; roll T626-1695, ED 51, page 18A, line #47, dwelling #294, family #339.
- Guilford County, North Carolina, Register of Deeds:
- North Carolina, Death Certificates, 1909-1975; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, High Point, Guilford County, North Carolina; roll T625-1302, ED 155, page 11B, line #69, dwelling #176, family #197.
- 1900 census, Back Creek Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T623-1212, ED 80, page 7A, line #14, dwelling #115, family #117.
- 1910 census, Randleman, Randleman Township, Randolph County, North Carolina; roll T624-1128, ED 96, page 241A, line #11, dwelling #123, family #126.
- U.S., Lists of Men Ordered to Report to Local Board for Military Duty, 1917-1918, Select States; http://www.ancestry.com.
- North Carolina Death Collection, 1908-1996; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:16:01 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]