1. Elias Hinshaw (c1786-c1840) m Sarah Williams (1789-?)
2.. Isaac G. Hinshaw (1813-1873) m Melissa Buell (1831-1923)
3... Zenus Jake Hinshaw (1860-1920)
+Narcissa Jane Marlow (c1863-1933)
4.... Joseph Clay Hinshaw (1882-1959) 1,2
Zenus Jake Hinshaw [ID 02653]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Zenus Jake Hinshaw3,4,5 [Zenas Hinshaw6,7,8, Zenar Hinshaw6, Jake Hinshaw3].
Born Feb - 1860, Douglas, Polk, Oregon.4,5,7
Zenus was shown in the 1880 census, living in the household of brother Zimri in Douglas Township, Polk County, Oregon:9
, age 29, born in Oregon; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; farmer.
, wife, age 22, born in Oregon; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; keeping house.
Hinshaw, Zenus, brother, age 20, born in Oregon; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; laborer.
, brother, age 13, born in Oregon; father born in Ohio; mother born in Indiana; attended school.
He married Narcissa Jane Marlow3,8 [Jane Marlow3], Portland, Oregon3,8. Narcissa was born about 1863, Texas.8
Zenus and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 18 1910), living with an unidentified relative (perhaps Jane's relative) in Polk County, Oregon:1
Ewsig [?? unclear], John J., head-of-household, age 44, born in Oregon; parents born in Missouri; occupation: farmer; owned farm.
Hinshaw, Zenus, uncle, age 50, born in Oregon; parents birthplaces unknown; occupation: laborer, farm.
Hinshaw, Jane, aunt, age 57, born in Texas; parents birthplaces unknown.
Hinshaw, Joe C.
, cousin, age 26 [unclear], born in Oregon; father born in Oregon; mother born in Texas; occupation: laborer, farm.
Zenas and Jane were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 14 1920), Sheridan-Dallas Road, Buell, Polk County, Oregon:8
Hinshaw, Zenas, head-of-household, age 58, born in Oregon; parents born in Missouri [sic]; rented home; occupation: laborer, wood cutter.
Hinshaw, Narcissa J., wife, age 57, born in Texas; parents born in Missouri.
Zenus Jake Hinshaw died Nov 29 1920, Polk County, Oregon; buried Pleasant Hills Cemetery.3,6
Narcissa died May 29 1933, Polk County, Oregon.6
- 1910 census, Jackson Precinct, Polk County, Oregon; ED 243, page 260B (Sheet 2B), line #76, dwelling #46, family #46.
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Charlene Pumphrey ().
- Contribution from Lucille Bigelow ().
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- 1870 census, Grand Ronde P.O., Polk County, Oregon; roll M593-1287, page 312, line #30, dwelling #501, family #489.
- Oregon Death Index, 1903-1970; Ancestry.com.
- 1860 census, Salt Creek P.O., Douglas Precinct, Polk County, Oregon; roll M653-742, page 538, line #1, dwelling #445, family #401.
- 1920 census, Buell, Polk County, Oregon; roll T625-1497, ED 377, page 3A, line #17, dwelling #56, family #56.
- 1880 census, Douglas Precinct, Polk County, Oregon; roll T9-1083, ED 103, page 453D, line #1, dwelling #91, family #92.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2020, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]