1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... Jesse Hinshaw (1720-1797) m Abigail Marshall (1724-1806)
7....... John Hinshaw (1747-1800) m Ruth (Pike) Weisner (1744-1795)
8........ Seth Hinshaw (1787-1865) m Hannah Beeson (1788-1822)
9......... Dianna Hinshaw (1817-1864)
+Benajah Edgerton (1816-1838)
+Calvin Macy (1822-1902)
Dianna Hinshaw [ID 00350]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Dianna Hinshaw1,2 [Diana Hinshaw2,3,4,5].
Born 3-30-1817, Marlborough MM, North Carolina.1,2,4
She married Benajah Edgerton, 9-1-1836, Duck Creek MM, Henry County, Indiana.2,3,4,5,6 Benajah, son of Reuben Edgerton & Patience Hanson, was born Nov 13 1816.7
Benajah died Nov 2 1838.7
She then married Calvin Macy, Sep 30 1839.4,7 Calvin, son of William Macy & Phebe Hiatt, was born Oct 3 1822, Indiana.4,7,8 Dianna was Calvin's second wife.7
Martha Macy, born about 1847.
Isaac Macy, born about 1855, Indiana; married Oct 18 1920 to Arazona Bennett (he age 65, she age 63) in Merrick County, Nebraska.
Dianna and family appear in the 1850 census, Wayne Township, Henry County, Indiana, as follows:8
Calvin Macy, age 27, born in Indiana; farmer; $1200 real estate.
Dianah Macy, age 32, born in North Carolina.
Hannah Macy, age 5, born in Indiana.
Martha Macy, age 3, born in Indiana.
Rebecca Wilson, age 15; mulatto; attended school.
Note that it appears that Dianna took in Elkanna, the son of her deceased brother Jabez.
Dianna Hinshaw died Dec 8 1864.7
Calvin died Sep 6 1902.7
- "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy",
by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 4,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- "Hiatt-Hiett Genealogy and Family History" by William Perry Johnson,
microfilm #1421712, item 5, in the LDS Family History Library.
- "Index of Indiana Marriages Through 1850", Indiana State Library, Genealogy Division:
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1850 census, Wayne Township, Henry County, Indiana; roll 151, page 293; dwelling #608.
- Family group sheets and descendent chart contributed by Walter V. Graham ()
- Marriage records, book H, Central City, Merrick County, Nebraska; USGenWeb Archives.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2020, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]