1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. Joshua Henshaw (1775-1847) m Betsy King (c1785-1862)
3... Joshua Henshaw (1814-1895)
+Charlotte Sherwood Cook (c1826-?)
4.... Annette Elizabeth Henshaw (c1848-?) 1,2,3,4,5
4.... Julia Henshaw 1
4.... Frank Henshaw (1850-1875) 2,4,6
4.... Flora Henshaw (c1853-?) 2,4
4.... Ira King Henshaw (1856-1942) 1,2,4,5
4.... Minerva Catherine Henshaw (c1865-?) 2,5
Joshua Henshaw [ID 04792]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Aug 7 1814, New York.2,4,5,7
Joshua Jr. was admitted to the West Aurora Congregational Church, Griffins Mills, Erie County, New York on Aug 28 1831 by profession. Dismissed Dec 21 1832.8
He married Charlotte Sherwood Cook, Mar 25 1846, Calhoun County, Michigan.1,2,9,10 Charlotte was born about 1826, New York.3,4,5
Joshua and family were shown in the 1850 census, Eckford Township, Calhoun County, Michigan:3
Joshua Henshaw, age 36, born in New York; farmer; $800 real estate.
Charlotte S. Henshaw, age 24, born in New York.
Living next door in 1850 was the family of Elijah & Catherine Cook of New York11 (relationship unknown, but possibly Charlotte's parents).12
Joshua and family were shown in the 1860 census (Jun 16 1860), Eckford Township, Calhoun County, Michigan:4
Joshua Hendshaw, age 45, born in New York; farmer; $1500 real estate; $500 personal property.
Charlotte Hendshaw, age 33, born in New York; housekeeper.
Working as a laborer next door was nephew Jerome Henshaw.13
In 1875 Joshua was living in/near Paris, Kent County, Michigan.6
Joshua and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 3 1880), Paris Township, Kent County, Michigan:5
Henshaw, Joshua, age 65, born in New York; parents' birthplaces "unknown"; carpenter.
Henshaw, Charlotte S., wife, age 53, born in New York; father born in New York; mother born in Pennsylvania; keeping house.
Henshaw, Annette E.
, daughter, age 32, born in Michigan; parents born in New York; school teacher.
Henshaw, Ira K.
, son, age 23, born in Michigan; parents born in New York; carpenter.
Massey, Lizzie, boarder, age 12, born in Michigan; parents' birthplaces "unknown".
Joshua Henshaw died May 26 1895.2
- Contribution from Dr. Diana Monroe Henshaw.
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- 1850 census, Eckford Township, Calhoun County, Michigan; page 412, line #2, dwelling #114, family #114.
- 1860 census, Homer P.O., Eckford Township, Calhoun County, Michigan; roll M653-539, page 32, line #14, dwelling #250, family #247.
- 1880 census, Paris Township, Kent County, Michigan; roll T9-0587, ED 128, page 102D, line #17, dwelling #35, family #35.
- Michigan Department of Communty Health; Genealogical Death Index:
- Henshaw history and genealogy manuscript, original by Holmes Hart Henshaw, 1930;
updated in 1995 by Donald Craig Henshaw and others.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw citing:
Calhoun County, Michigan Vital Records, page 9.
- Halbert's "The New World Book of Henshaws" (for what it's worth).
- 1850 census, Eckford Township, Calhoun County, Michigan; page 412, line #5, dwelling #115, family #115.
- 1860 census, Homer P.O., Eckford Township, Calhoun County, Michigan; roll M653-539, page 32, line #13, dwelling #249, family #246.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]