1. William Henshaw (1742-1796) m Elizabeth Gilbert (1746-1826)
2.. James Steuben Henshaw (1778-1872) m Amy Gale (1784-1868)
3... Isaac Henshaw (1809-1878) m Eunice Scott (1809-1875)
4.... William Henry Henshaw (1842-1921)
+Ellen E. Smith (1857-1928)
5..... Charles Everett Henshaw (1883-1973) 1,2,3,4
William Henry Henshaw [ID 04855]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan 10 18422,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 [about 184412], Aurora, Erie County, New York2,5,6,7,8,9,10,11.
William was a Civil War Veteran. He enlisted as a Corporal at Aurora, New York;13 served in the artillary, Company R, 67th New York N.G.;5,13 mustered out Jun 25 1863.13 The 67th New York N.G. was sent to the defense of Pennsylvania and was stationed at Harrisburgh at the time of Robert E. Lee's invasion of Pennsylvania.13
William was shown in the 1880 census (Jun 23 1880), living alone in Aurora, Erie County, New York:14
Henshaw, William, age 37, born in New York; parents born in New York; single; farmer.
Living next door in 1880 was the family of brother Lorenzo.15
He married Ellen E. Smith.1,2,7,16 Ellen, daughter of Charles I. Smith & Laura A. Heath, was born 1857, Aurora, Erie County, New York.2,6,7,11
William and Ellen were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 29 1920), Davis Road, Aurora, Erie County, New York:11
Henshaw, William, head-of-household, age 79, born in New York; parents born in New York; occupation: farm operator, farm.
Henshaw, Ellen, wife, age 64, born in New York; parents born in New York.
Living next door in 1920 was the family of son Charles.17
William Henry Henshaw died 1921, buried Section 5, Lot 92, Griffins Mills Cemetery, Aurora, Erie County, New York.1,5,6 (Section 1, Lot 118).18
Ellen died Feb 2 1928, Aurora, Erie County, New York; buried Section 1, Lot 118, Griffins Mills Cemetery, Erie County, New York.2,6,18
A biographical sketch of William Henry Henshaw was published in the 1898 book "Our County and it's people, a descriptive work on Erie County, New York":8
Henshaw W. H., Aurora, p. o. Willink, born on the farm he now owns, January 10, 1842, is a son of Isaac and Eunice (Scott) Henshaw, he born in Aurora, June, 1809, and she in Vermont, in November of the same year. Mr. Henshaw was a farmer and stone mason and he and his wife died in Aurora. The father of Isaac was James Henshaw, born in Middlebury, Vt., August 20, 1778, and came to Caynga county when twelve years old with his parents. In 1806 the grandfather of W. H. came to Buffalo, and then to Aurora, where he purchased 560 acres of land, on a part of which he lived until his death, except one or two years in Buffalo, after the panic of 1837. He served in the war of 1812, was a Whig and justice many years and afterward known as Squire Henshaw.
- Contribution from Kristen Wagner-Henshaw.
- Mark Tunnell database: http://www.my-ged.com/tunnell.
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- Contribution from David J. Henshaw ().
- Erie County, New York cemeteries; New York GenWeb:
- Contribution from Bonnie Endries () citing:
gravestone, Griffins Mills Cemetery.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- Biographical sketch of William Henry Henshaw; "Ray's Place" New England history:
- 1850 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll M432-498, page 104B, line #30, dwelling #1620, family #1636.
- 1860 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll M653-752, page 498, line #12, dwelling #926, family #915.
- 1920 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll T625-1099, ED 13, page 8B, line #55, dwelling #179, family #182.
- 1870 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll M593-929, page 419, line #10, dwelling #362, family #346.
- New York, Town Clerks' Registers of Men Who Served in the Civil War, ca 1861-1865; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1880 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll T9-0826, ED 79, page 90A, line #11, dwelling #394, family #414.
- 1880 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll T9-0826, ED 79, page 90A, line #8, dwelling #393, family #413.
- Contribution from Tom Henshaw.
- 1920 census, Aurora, Erie County, New York; roll T625-1099, ED 13, page 8A-B, line #50, dwelling #178, family #181.
- Contribution from LeRoy Miller ().
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:46 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]