1. John Hoover Henshaw (1817-1883) m Elizabeth Field (1823-1898)
2.. Emma Henshaw (c1842-1921)
+John Francis Irvine (1828-1898)
Emma Henshaw [ID 06003]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born about 18421 , Illinois1 [Vicksburg, Warren County, Mississippi2].
She married John Francis Irvine3,4 [J. F. Irving5,6,7,8,9], Mar 21 18763,4, Warren County, Mississippi3,4. John, son of William Irvine, was born Feb 17 1828, Jessamine County, Kentucky.2
John had been previously married to Theresa Burton, by whom he had a son, John Francis Irvine Jr., who later married Emma's neice, Emma Raum.2
Harris Irvine, born 1878; died Jul 3 1928.
John Francis Irvine became an extremely successful businessman in the town of Bayou Sara. He owned warehouses, shipping infrastructure, businesses and saloons. For many years, between 1872-1898, John Francis served as the Mayor of Bayou Sara. He had a large Gothic revival mansion in Bayou Sara, which was destroyed in the flood of 1911.2
John died Feb 4 1898, St. Francisville, West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana.2
Emma Henshaw died 1921, St. Francisville, West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana.2
- 1850 census, West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana; family #63; USGenWeb Archives.
- Contribution from David Herron ().
- "Mississippi Marriages From 1829 to 1900"; http://www.genealogylibrary.com.
- "Marriage Index: AR, MO, MS, TX"; http://www.genealogy.com.
- "Mississippi and Florida, 1800-1900 Marriage Index"; http://www.genealogylibrary.com.
- Contribution from David Herron () citing: notes from Emma Raum Irvine, 1949.
- Contribution from Kristen Wagner-Henshaw.
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- "Field Genealogy", by Frederick C. Pierce; CS71.F453.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:48 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]