1. William Henshall m Margerie Gyll
2.. Thomas Henshall (?-c1631) m - Kendrick
3... John Henshall (1611-c1687) m Elizabeth -
4.... William Hinshaw (?-1699) m Elizabeth -
5..... John Hinshaw (c1660->1768) m Elizabeth Belshaw
6...... William Hinshaw (1724-1814) m Mary Hinshaw (?-1822)
7....... George Hinshaw (1775-1862) m Susannah Johnson (1790-1876)
8........ George Hinshaw (1820-1874) m Polly Maria Toliver (1828-1925)
9......... Roland Hinshaw (1867-1927) m Mary Knight (1871-1955)
10.......... George Knight Hinshaw (1891-1969)
+Hazel Dell Phares (1888-1962)
11........... Robert Alonzo Hinshaw (1923-2014) 1,2,3,4,5
George Knight Hinshaw [ID 00607]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born Jan 13 1891, Illinois.6,7,8,9,10,11
He married Hazel Dell Phares, Jun 30 1914.1,7,10,12 Hazel was born Aug 25 1888, Clinton, Macon County, Illinois.1,7,9,10
George's engagement was published in "The Daily Review" (Decatur, Illinois) on Tuesday evening, June 2, 191413 (see scan below).
George and Hazel were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 8 1920), 431 W. Market Street, Akron, Summit County, Ohio:14
Hinshaw, George W., head-of-household, age 28, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; rented home; occupation: chemist, rubber co.
Hinshaw, Hazel, wife, age 22, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; occupation: liberty bond clerk, bank.
Schei[...]rt [unclear], Gertrude, sister-in-law, age 23. born in [..unclear..], parents born in Illinois; widow.
Hazel died May 22 1962, Zanesville, Muskingum County, Ohio; buried Scoggin Hill Cemetery, McLean County, Illinois.1,7,9,10
In 1969 George was living in New Concord, Muskingum County, Ohio.8
George Knight Hinshaw died Sep 23 1969, McLean County, Illinois; buried Scogin Hill Cemetery, Oakland Avenue, Bloomington, McLean County, Illinois.7,8,10,12,15
Photo: George Knight Hinshaw (standing), with brother Deane (sitting)
Photo: George Knight Hinshaw & Hazel Dell Phares engagement announcement "The Daily Review", Jun 2 1914
Social Security information for George Knight Hinshaw: 291-03-6714
- Contribution from Robert A. Hinshaw.
- Contribution from Robert Alonzo Hinshaw.
- Family group sheets and family records from Robert Alonzo Hinshaw
- The Grand Lodge of Ohio, Free & Accepted Masons; Past Grand Masters:
- Robert Alonzo Hinshaw obituary.
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- Letters from Warren Gfeller, Wichita, KS (re George/Polly Toliver).
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- GEDCOM file f2115.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- GEDCOM file g442.ged at http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1900 census, Bloomington, McLean County, Illinois; roll T623-322, ED 84, page 5B, line #61, dwelling #101, family #124.
- Gravestone inscriptions in the Hinshaw Cemetery, Stout's Grove Cemetery,
Parklawn (Danvers) Cemetery, & Scogin Hill Cemetery, McLean County, Illinois.
- "The Daily Review", Jun 2 1914; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Akron, Summit County, Ohio; roll T625_1438, ED 226, page #8A, line #32, dwelling #122, family #161.
- http://www.ancestry.com GEDCOM file F2115.GED.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Hinshaw Tree" posted by "Judith Curtin".
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]