1. Benjamin Hinshaw (1795-1849) m Sarah A. Vestal (c1792-?)
2.. Nathan Hinshaw (1827-1876) m Mary Green Sloan (1832-1907)
3... Dr. Theophilus Everard Hinshaw (1858-1938) m Anna Pearl Wilkinson (1867-1931)
4.... Thomas Justin Hinshaw (1891-1963)
+Dorothy Dean Rowe (1897-1994)
Thomas Justin Hinshaw [ID 00675]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Thomas Justin Hinshaw1,2,3,4,5 [Justin Hinshaw2,6,7].
Born Jul 8 1891, Huntsville, Reno County, Kansas.1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
He married Dorothy Dean Rowe, Dec 31 1918, Norman, Oklahoma.7 Dorothy, daughter of - Rowe & - Berry, was born Apr 21 1897, Bailey, Texas.6,7,9,10
Justin and Dorothy were shown in the 1920 census, Norman, Cleveland County, Oklahoma:9
Hinshaw, Justin, head-of-household, age 28, born in Kansas; parents born in Missouri; rented home; occupation: lawyer, general practice.
Hinshaw, Dorothy, wife, age 22, born in Texas; parents born in Texas.
Porter, Glenn, lodger, age 27, born in Kansas; occupation: merchant, general store.
As of 1938 Justin was still living in Norman, Oklahoma.2
Justin was an attorney in Norman, Oklahoma, and a strong Sooner. Family lore says he was a Federal Circuit court judge in the 1930's, and that he was involved in desegregating the University of Oklahoma - and with oil/indian land ownership issues.7
Thomas Justin Hinshaw died Apr 12 1963, Winfield, Kansas; buried Highland Cemetery, Winfield, Cowley County, Kansas.4,6,7
In 1994 Dorothy was living in Sunnyvale, Santa Clara County, California.6
Dorothy died Jun 16 1994, Santa Clara County, California.6,7,10
Social Security information for Thomas Justin Hinshaw: 442-30-5822
Social Security information for Dorothy Dean Rowe: 443-46-7571
- "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw;
edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911;
Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
- "The History of the Hinshaws", a 1995 manuscript by Dale Nathan Hinshaw.
- 1910 census, Winfield, Cowley County, Kansas; ED 69, page 138A (sheet 19A), line #36, dwelling #361, family #446.
- Highland Cemetery burials; contributed by Judi Sutton ().
- 1900 census, Winfield, Cowley County, Kansas; roll T623-476, ED 71, page 9B, line #74, dwelling #188, family #197.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- Contribution from Dan Odenweller ().
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1920 census, Norman, Cleveland County, Oklahoma; roll T625-1456, ED 17, page 3A, line #35, dwelling #49, family #56.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]