1. Elias Hinshaw (c1786-c1840) m Sarah Williams (1789-?)
2.. Silas Hinshaw (1831-1865) m Melvina Ellen Ledington (1835-1918)
3... Elihu William Hinshaw (1856-1930) m Nancy Jane Godlove (1858-1941)
4.... Andrew Milton Hinshaw (1877-1954) m Mary Eugenia Favre (1875-1951)
5..... Gerald Cleatis Hinshaw (1905-1990)
+Elsie Marie Hillberg (1910-1997)
6...... Clarence E. Hinshaw (1931-2008) 1,2
6...... Lawrence Melvin Hinshaw (1935-1967) 1,2,3
6...... Donna Marie Hinshaw (1945-) 1
Gerald Cleatis Hinshaw [ID 08007]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Gerald Cleatis Hinshaw1,3,4 [Cleatis G. Hinshaw5,6,7].
Born Feb 19 1905, Salubria, Washington County, Idaho.1,2,4,6,7,8,9
Cleatis was shown in the 1930 census (Apr 4 1930), living with his maternal uncle Felix in Cambridge, Washington County, Idaho:9
Hinshaw, Cleatis, head-of-household, age 25, born in Idaho; father born in Kansas; mother born in Idaho; single; rented home ($10 rent); no radio in home; occupation: laborer, farm.
Favre, Felix, lodger, age 48, born in Oregon; father born in France; mother born in Canada (French); single; occupation: laborer, odd jobs.
Living next door in 1930 was sister Eldora.10
He married Elsie Marie Hillberg, Jun 2 1930, Council, Adams County, Idaho.4,5,7,11 Elsie, daughter of Isaac + Wendla Hillberg, was born Nov 7 1910, Idaho.2,6,7,12
Gerald worked on various farms and ranches in the Cambridge area, where he met his wife, Else Hillberg. From there they moved to McCall where he worked for Brown Tie and Lumber in the saw mill.1
Cleatis and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 22 1940), McCall, Valley County, Idaho:2
Hinshaw, Cleatis G., head-of-household, age 35, born in Idaho; completed 1 year of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural Washington County, Idaho; owned home ($1000 value); occupation: laborer, common; worked 32 weeks in 1939; $800 wages in 1939.
Hinshaw, Elsie, wife, age 29, born in Idaho; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural Washington County, Idaho.
, son, age 9, born in Idaho; completed 1st grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in rural Washington County, Idaho.
, son, age 4, born in Idaho; parents born in Idaho; mother tongue / native language: Finnish.
Gerald Cleatis Hinshaw died Mar 3 1990, McCall, Valley County, Idaho; buried Mar 6 1990, Finnish Cemetery, near Donnelly, Lake Fork, Valley County, Idaho.1,4,6,7
In 1996-1997 Elsie was still living in McCall, Idaho.13
Elsie died Apr 21 1997, McCall, Valley County, Idaho; buried Finnish Cemetery, near Donnelly, Lake Fork, Valley County, Idaho.1,6,7
Photo: Gerald Cleatis Hinshaw & Elsie Marie Hillberg gravestone Finnish Cemetery
Social Security information for Gerald Cleatis Hinshaw: 518-10-8644
Social Security information for Elsie Marie Hillberg: 519-62-6350
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Janet Alford ().
- 1940 census, McCall, Valley County, Idaho; roll T627-755, ED 43-7, page 1B, line #65, household #18.
- Contribution from Tony Alan Hinshaw.
- Family group sheets by Alta Ione Bradbury, Kanab, Utah
- Ricks College, "Western States Historical Marriage Records Index":
http://abish.byui.edu/specialCollections/fhc/newMarriage/searchForm.cfm (vol. 3, pg 17).
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1910 census, Cambridge, Washington County, Idaho; ED 273, page 164 (sheet 5B), line #51, dwelling #83, family #83.
- 1930 census, Cambridge, Washington County, Idaho; roll T626-404, ED 17, page 3A, line #43, dwelling #64, family #65.
- 1930 census, Cambridge, Washington County, Idaho; roll T626-404, ED 17, page 3A, line #45, dwelling #65, family #66.
- Idaho Marriages, 1842-1996; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of Ellen S. (Hillberg) Paananen; "The Idaho Statesman" (Boise, Idaho), Oct 02 1998.
- U.S. Phone and Address Directories, 1993-2002; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]