1. Johnathan Hinshaw (c1801-?) m Lydia - (c1805-?)
2.. Jonathan Armstrong Hinshaw (1837-1903) m Rachael Elizabeth Moody (1844-1904)
3... Daniel Lewis Hinshaw (c1868-1903)
Daniel Lewis Hinshaw [ID 08060]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Daniel Lewis Hinshaw1,2 [Daniel Louis Hinshaw3].
Born about 1868, California.1,2,4,5 (Nov - 1873).6 Daniel seems to have been named after his mother's brother, Daniel Lewis Moody, who owned Moody Stables where uncle William W. Hinshaw worked.
On Mar 1 1890 Daniel registered to vote in Santa Clara County, California:8
Hinshaw, Daniel Lewis, age 22, born in California; laborer; resident of "Sta Clara No 2".
Daniel and his father were both shown in the 1890 "Great Register Santa Clara County California":1
Hinshaw, Daniel Lewis, age 22, born in California; laborer, Santa Clara.
On Mar 11 1892 Daniel registered to vote in Santa Clara County, California:8
Hinshaw, Daniel Lewis, age 24, born in California; laborer; 5' 8 1/4" tall, light complexion, gray eyes, brown hair; resident of "Santa Clara No. 2", Santa Clara P.O.
Daniel and his father were again shown in the 1892 "Great Register of Santa Clara County":2
Hinshaw, Jonathan Armstrong
, age 50, born in North Carolina; laborer, Santa Clara; height: 5' 11 3/4"; complexion: light; eyes: gray; hair: gray; visible marks or scars: none.
Hinshaw, Daniel Lewis, age 24, born in California; laborer, Santa Clara; height: 5' 8 1/4"; complexion: light; eyes: gray; hair: brown; visible marks or scars: none.
Daniel Lewis Hinshaw died Dec 15 1903, Campbell, Santa Clara County, California; age 35 years, 28 days.9
Daniel's obituary was published in "The Evening News" (San Jose, California) on December 17, 1903:10
Henshaw -- Near Campbell, Santa Clara county, Dec. 15, 1903 Daniel L. Henshaw, beloved son of Mrs. Rachel Henshaw, brother of Mrs. J.M. Karr, Mrs. G.L. Speegle, Edith, Pearl, Bertha and Bert Henshaw, a native of Mountain View, Cal., aged 35 years.
Daniel was buried with his parents, none of whom have a gravestone.11
- 1890 "Great Register Santa Clara County California"; Santa Clara City Library.
- 1892 "Great Register of Santa Clara County"; Santa Clara City Library.
- 1870 census, Alviso, Fremont Township, Santa Clara County, California; page 44B, line #36, dwelling #54, family #53.
- 1870 census, Santa Clara County, California.
- 1880 census, Napa Township, Napa County, California; roll T9-0069, ED 73, page 369A, line #1, dwelling #111, family #111.
- 1900 census, Redwood Township, Santa Clara County, California; roll T623-110, ED 55, page 4A, line #35, dwelling #82, family #85.
- "Early Settlers File", Santa Clara [California] Genealogical Society, Santa Clara City Library:
an account of Jonathan Armstrong Henshaw by his daughter, Bertha Henshaw Eaton.
- California, Voter Registers, 1866-1898; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Burial records, Mission City Memorial Park cemetery, 420 N. Winchester Boulevard, Santa Clara, California
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Speacht/Fisher/Adams Family Tree" posted by "Blueshadows55".
- Inspection of gravesite by Jan Hinshaw, Mission City Memorial Park, Dec 14 2004.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]