1. Maurice Hinchee (1769-1835) m Polly Stalcup (1772-?)
2.. William B. Hinchee (1790-1848) m Margaret H. Barley (c1793-1875)
3... Charles W. Hinchee (c1835-<1880)
+Amanda Chestle (1846-?)
4.... Harriet Josephine Hinchee (1867-?) 1,2,3
4.... Thomas Hinchee (1869-?) 1,2,3
4.... Susan Hinchee (1871-?) 1,3
4.... Charles Olis Hinchee (1873-?) 1,3
Charles W. Hinchee [ID 08147]
||Click here to switch to Ancestror Tree view: |
Born about 1835, Illinois.1,2,4,5 (c1838).6
During the Civil War Charles served in Company K, Illinois Infantry.1
He married Amanda Chestle, Mar 21 1866, Cass County, Illinois.1,7 Amanda, daughter of Thomas Chestle & Samantha A. Tanahill, was born 1846, Illinois.2,3,8 Amanda's father had come from Portsmouth, Hampshire, England.8
Charles and family were shown in the 1870 census (Jul 29 1870), Lancaster, Cass County, Illinois:2
Hinchie, Charles, age 34, born in Illinois; farmer; $4120 real estate; $850 personal property.
Hinchie, Amanda, age 23, born in Illinois; keeping house.
Whipp, Harriett, age 57, born in Virginia.
Living nearby in 1870 was the family of brother Isaac.9
Charles W. Hinchee died before Jun 4 1880.3
Widow Amanda and family were shown in the 1880 census (Jun 4-5 1880), Cass County, Illinois:3
Hinchee, Amanda, age 33, born in Illinois; father born in England; mother born in Illinois; widow; farmer.
, daughter, age 13, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; attended school.
, son, age 11, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois; attended school.
Hinchee, SusanLiving nearby in 1880 were the families of sister Elizabeth10 and brother Isaac.11
, daughter, age 9, born in Illinois; parents born in Illinois.
- Contribution from Barbara Allen Coons ().
- 1870 census, Ashland P.O., Lancaster Township, Cass County, Illinois; roll M593-192, page 398, line #14, dwelling #54, family #55.
- 1880 census, Township 18N Range 8W, Cass County, Illinois; roll T9-178, ED 50, page 664A, line #24, dwelling #72, family #72.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- 1850 census, Cass County, Illinois; roll 99, pg 6, family #71.
- 1860 census, Lancaster, Cass County, Illinois; roll M653-160, page 110, line #1, dwelling #757, family #757.
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900 (book III, page 45):
- Contribution from Gwen Grech ().
- 1870 census, Ashland P.O., Lancaster Township, Cass County, Illinois; roll M593-192, page 398, line #1, dwelling #51, family #51.
- 1880 census, Township 18N Range 8W, Cass County, Illinois; roll T9-178, ED 50, page 664A, line #33, dwelling #74, family #74.
- 1880 census, Township 18N Range 8W, Cass County, Illinois; roll T9-178, ED 50, page 664A, line #39, dwelling #76, family #76.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]