┌── Abel Hinshaw
┌── William J. Hinshaw ──────┤
│ 1864-? │
│ └── Harriett Barnes
Harrett Hinshaw ───────┤
B: 1886 │ ┌── Hartwell Macon
D: 1977 │ │
└── Rebecca Emaretta Macon ──┤
└── Mariah Robbins
M: James William Walts
Harrett Hinshaw [ID 12185]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Harrett Hinshaw1,2,3,4,5 [Hattie Hinshaw6].
Born Aug 17 1886, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana.1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
She married James William Walts, Jul - 1914, Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California.2,3,4 James, son of John William Middleton Walts & Frances Evelyn Voris/Vorhees, was born Dec 12 1886, Silver Cliff, Fremont County, Colorado.2,3,4,5,8,9,10
Thelma Walts, born c1920, Arizona.
Hattie and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 2 1920), 354 North Sixth Avenue, Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona:8
Walts, James, head-of-household, age 33, born in Colorado; parents born in United States; rented home; occupation: barber, own shop.
Walts, Harriet, wife, age 33, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Walts, Thelma, daughter, age 0 months, born in Arizona; father born in Colorado; mother born in Indiana.
Hattie and James were shown in the 1923 city directory of Phoenix, Arizona:11
Walts Jas W (Harriet) (Vohs & Walts) h 345 N 3d av
Hattie and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 4 1930), 6984 Vermont, Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California:9
Walts, James W., head-of-household, age 43, born in Colorado; parents born in U.S.; first married at age 27; rented home ($20 rent); radio in home; occupation: promoter, mining; not a war veteran.
Walts, Harriet, wife, age 43, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; first married at age 27.
Walts, Thelma, daughter, age 10, born in Arizona; father born in Colorado; mother born in Indiana; attended school.
Hattie and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 6 1940), 442 Lake Street, Hynes, Los Angeles County, California:10
Waltz, James, head-of-household, age 53, born in Colorado; completed 7th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; owned home ($1200 value); occupation: barber, barber shop.
Waltz, Harriet, wife, age 53, born in Indiana; completed 7th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house.
Waltz, Thelma, daughter, age 20, born in Arizona; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house.
James died Jul 16 1962, Los Angeles County, California.5
Harrett Hinshaw died Feb 15 1977, Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California.3,4,5,7
Social Security information for Harrett Hinshaw: 551-21-1666
Social Security information for James William Walts: 555-46-0913
- 1900 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T623-399, ED 129, page 2A, line #3, dwelling #25, family #25.
- Ancestry Family Tree data "The Quakers" posted by "aintnanny".
- Ancestry Family Tree data "From Australia to United Kingdom" posted by "RebeccaAnnBlyth".
- Ancestry Family Tree data "Masters Family Tree" posted by "LMasters744".
- California, Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Long Beach Township, Los Angeles County, California; roll T624-85, ED 35, page 3B, line #66, dwelling #70, family #76.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1920 census, Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona; roll T625-49, ED 58, page 1B, line #91, dwelling #21, family #27.
- 1930 census, Long Beach, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-131, ED 1153, page 5B, line #73, dwelling #127, family #133.
- 1940 census, Hynes, Downey District, Los Angeles County, California; roll T627-225, ED 19-114, page 4B, line #57, household #104.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]