┌── Abel Hinshaw
┌── William J. Hinshaw ──────┤
│ 1864-? │
│ └── Harriett Barnes
Paul Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1891 │ ┌── Hartwell Macon
D: 1971 │ │
└── Rebecca Emaretta Macon ──┤
└── Mariah Robbins
M: Anna -
Paul Hinshaw [ID 12186]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jan 26 1891, Lynn, Randolph County, Indiana.1,2,3,4,5,6 (Feb - 1891).7
On Jun 5 1917 Paul Hinshaw, age 26, registered for the World War I draft in Pinal County, Arizona. He declared he was born Jan 26 1891 in Lynn, Indiana, and was then residing in Maricopa [county], Arizona where he was married and self-employed in mining and farming. He was recorded as medium height, medium build, brown eyes, brown hair.2
He married Anna -.3,8 Anna was born about 1895, South Dakota.3 (c1890, California).5
Paul and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 18 1920), Casa Grande, Pinal County, Arizona:3
Hinshaw, Paul, head-of-household, age 28, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; rented home.
Hinshaw, Anna, wife, age 25, born in South Dakota; parents born in Germany.
, mother, age 53, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in New Jersey; widow.
, sister, age 21, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
, sister, age 19, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana.
Paul and family were shown in the 1927 city directory of Long Beach, California:8
Hinshaw Paul (Anna) miner h 340 W 8th
Paul was shown in the 1930 census (Apr 11 1930), living or staying in a lodging house at 5395 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California:4
Hinshaw, Paul, lodger, age 39, born in Indiana; parents born in Indiana; married, first married at age 20; occupation: engineer, mining; not a war veteran.
The whereabouts of wife Anna in 1930 is unknown.
Paul and Anna were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 2 1940), Chiapuk Village, Pinal County, Arizona:5
Hinshaw, Paul, head-of-household, age 49, born in Indiana; completed 4 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house; owned home ($350 value); occupation: miner, own claim.
Hinshaw, Anna, wife, age 50, born in California; completed 2 years of high school; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same house.
[.. plus a housekeeper, a hired hand, and a lodger ..].
In 1971 Paul was again living in/near Casa Grande, Pinal County, Arizona.6
Paul Hinshaw died Dec - 1971.6
Photo: Paul Hinshaw newspaper article Yuma Morning Sun (Yuma, Arizona), Dec 30 1925
Photo: Paul Hinshaw newspaper article Arizona Daily Sun (Flagstaff, Arizona), Nov 18 1954
Social Security information for Paul Hinshaw: 527-96-2031
- 1910 census, Long Beach Township, Los Angeles County, California; roll T624-85, ED 35, page 3B, line #66, dwelling #70, family #76.
- World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, Casa Grande, Pinal County, Arizona; roll T625-51, ED 111, page 9A, line #17, dwelling #28, family #28.
- 1930 census, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-164, ED 730, page 10A, line #28, family #33.
- 1940 census, Chiapuk Village, Pinal County, Arizona; roll T627-113, ED 11-25D, page 1A, line #38, household #8.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, Washington Township, Randolph County, Indiana; roll T623-399, ED 129, page 2A, line #3, dwelling #25, family #25.
- U.S. City Directories, 1821-1989; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Yuma Morning Sun (Yuma, Arizona), Dec 30 1925; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Arizona Daily Sun (Flagstaff, Arizona), Nov 18 1954; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]