┌── Nathan Hinshaw
┌── Zimri Elijah Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1840-1907 │
│ └── Asenath Hodgin
Ethel Asenath Hinshaw ────────┤
B: 1879 │ ┌── Nehemiah Thomas
D: 1968 │ │
└── Gulielma Thomas ───────┤
└── Phebe Gilbert
M: Edward "Ned" Haines Crosby
Ethel Asenath Hinshaw [ID 01238]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Mar 31 18791,2 [about 18813,4], Lynn, Randolph County, Indiana1,2.
She married Edward "Ned" Haines Crosby, about 1914.1,4 Edward, son of Edward Stephen Crosby & Nellie Frances Leighton, was born Apr 15 1880, Winslow, Kennebec County, Maine.3,4,5,6,7
Velma / Julia B. Crosby, born c1913, Alabama.
Ethel Crosby, died Jun 3 1918, Summit County, Ohio.
Ethel and family were shown in the 1920 census (Jan 1920), 369 E. Walbeth [unclear] Rd., Akron, Summit County, Ohio:3
Crosby, Edward, head-of-household, age 39, born in Maine; parents born in Maine; owned home; [..occupation unclear..].
Crosby, Edith [sic], wife, age 38, born in Indiana; parents born in Ohio.
Crosby, Julia B, daughter, age 7, born in Alabama; father born in Maine; mother born in Indiana; attended school.
Ethel and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 14 1930), 369 E. Wilbeth [unclear] Rd., Akron, Summit County, Ohio:4
Crosby, Edward, head-of-household, age 50, born in Maine; parents born in Maine; first married at age 34; owned home ($7500 value); radio in home; occupation: conductor, railway co.; not a war veteran.
Crosby, Ethel, wife, age 49, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in Ohio; first married at age 34.
Crosby, Velma, daughter, age 17, born in Alabama; father born in Maine; mother born in Indiana; attended school.
Edward died Mar 1 1944.5,9
In 1947 Ethel was living in Canton, Stark County, Ohio.10
Ethel Asenath Hinshaw died Nov 9 1968, Canton, Stark County, Ohio; age 89.1,9 Death certificate #090428.9
- Contribution from Beth Lewis Mulac.
- 1880 census, Long Lake Township, Grand Traverse County, Michigan; roll T9-0578, ED 83, page 477A, line #21, dwelling #72, family #73.
- 1920 census, 5th Ward, Akron, Summit County, Ohio; roll T625-1439, ED 185, page 28B, line #66, dwelling #448, family #559.
- 1930 census, 7th Ward, Akron, Summit County, Ohio; roll T626-1879, ED 120, page 24A, line #82, dwelling #302, family #368.
- Contribution from Cindy Spaulding ().
- 1880 census, Winslow, Kennebec County, Maine; rolll T9-482, ED 113, page 556B, line #22, dwelling #223, family #240.
- 1900 census, Winslow, Kennebec County, Maine; rolll T623-594, ED 137, page 17A, line #36, dwelling #283, family #313.
- Ohio Historical Society, Ohio Death Certificate Index:
- Ohio Deaths, 1958-2000; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of William Russell Hinshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]