+-- Thomas Hinshaw | c1680-? +-- Jacob Hinshaw ---+ | 1710-1796 | | +-- Mary Marshall | c1685-? Benjamin Hinshaw ----+ B: 1738 | +-- Joseph Mackey D: 1840 | | +-- Rebecca Mackey --+ c1716-1796 | +-- Ann Sweethen M: Elisabeth Hinshaw +-- Thomas Hinshaw, 1775-? +-- Absolem Hinshaw, 1775-1833 +-- Jacob A. Hinshaw, 1778-1826 +-- Elizabeth Hinshaw, 1780-1823 +-- Mary Hinshaw, 1785-? +-- Abigail Hinshaw, ?-1819 +-- William Hinshaw, 1789-1854
|Benjamin Hinshaw     [ID 00131]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
Born 1738, Ireland.1,3
He married Elisabeth Hinshaw, about 1772.1,2,42,a    Elisabeth Hinshaw, daughter of Absolom Hinshaw & Rebecca Haddock, was born 10-27-1750, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.3,29,105,212
Disowned by the Quakers for Revolution activity (joining the Regulators), so few records known.1,183
Elisabeth Hinshaw died Apr 18 1823, buried Cane Creek MM, Snow Camp, Alamance County, North Carolina.b
Benjamin Hinshaw died 1840, Chatham County, North Carolina; buried Cane Creek MM, Snow Camp, Alamance County, North Carolina.b,1
According to the dates in (1) the book "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", he would have been 102 years old at his death!
Not only is the 1840 death date questionable because of his then exceptional lifespan, but also Benjamin appears to have died before 1817c as he did not sign the marriage certificate for his daughter Abigail in 1817,217 as was customary and would have been expected.    An unidentified Elizabeth Hinshaw did sign daughter Abigail's marriage certificate,217 so perhaps Elizabeth, who would have been 67 years old in 1817, might have lived beyond that year (although it might have been a different Elizabeth Hinshaw who signed the certificate).
1. "The Hinshaw and Henshaw Families", by William Hinshaw; edited by Milo Custer; private printing, Bloomington, Illinois, 1911; Frank I. Miller Co., printers. LDS microfilm number 1402822.
2. "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy", by William Wade Hinshaw, in many well-stocked libraries.
3. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Ireland.
29. "Society of Friends Register Transcripts - Grange Monthly Meeting", microfilm number 0571396 in the LDS Family History Library.
42. A manuscript titled "The Hinshaw Family" by Thomas D. Hamm - submitted by Fontella Hinshaw.
105. A Search Report commissioned from the Ulster Historical Foundation based upon records in the Public Records Office of Norther Ireland.
183. "Hinshaw Family Genealogical Notes", apparently prepared for William Wade Hinshaw by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1571899, Items 7-8
212. Grange Monthly Meeting, Births, Marriages, Deaths; Religious Society of Friends in Ireland (Yearly Meeting), Dublin; microfilm number 571396 (items 5-7) in the LDS Family History Library
217. Society of Friends, Cane Creek MM Records; LDS FHL microfilm #0371251
(a) Contribution from Julie Avedikian () citing:
A Lupton/Hinshaw family history book compiled by cousins.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]