+-- Ezra Hinshaw | 1797-1874 +-- Jesse Hinshaw --+ | 1824-1901 | | +-- Jane Woodward | 1798-1882 Dillon Stalker Hinshaw ---+ B: 1857 | +-- Joseph Hadley D: 1942 | | +-- Julia Hadley ---+ 1824-1892 | +-- Mary Hinshaw M: Rosa Viola Bales +-- Loren Levi Hinshaw, 1890-1965
|Dillon Stalker Hinshaw     [ID 01360]||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view:|
(Dillon Stalker Hinshaw)63,a    (Dillon B. Hinshaw)59,78
Born Nov 14 1857, Blackhawk Township, Jefferson County, Iowa.b,59,63,183,c,d,e,f,g,h
He married Rosa Viola Bales, Aug 20 1889.b,183,205,78,199,d,e    (Rose Bales)63    Rosa, daughter of Levi Bales & Lydia Stephens, was born Oct - 1868, near Grace Hill, Washington County, Iowa.a,183,205,i,j,h,d,e,f,g    (Keokuk County, Iowa).c
Dillon purchased farmland in 1886 which has been in the family ever since.    As of 1976 his grandson Kevin was living on the Dillon Hinshaw farm.199
Dillon Hinshaw was listed in the 1892 Iowa Farmers Directory, Jefferson County, Iowa.k
Dillon and family were shown in the 1895 Iowa State Census, Richland Township, Keokuk County, Iowa:c
Dillon and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 30 1910), Richland Township, Keokuk County, Iowa:e
Dillon and Rosa were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 5 1930), Richland Township, Keokuk County, Iowa:g
Dillon Stalker Hinshaw died Jul 10 1942, Fairfield, Jefferson County, Iowa; buried in Richland Friends Cemetery, Richland, Keokuk County, Iowa.b,h
Photo: Dillon Stalker Hinshaw & Rosa Viola Bales gravestone Richland Friends' Cemetery h
59. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Iowa.
63. "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to [Iowa] Quaker Meeting Records", a microfiche in the LDS Family History Library.
78. The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS) computerized Ancestral File.
183. "Hinshaw Family Genealogical Notes", apparently prepared for William Wade Hinshaw by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1571899, Items 7-8
199. "Richland Bicentennial History Book", (Richland, Iowa), a history written in 1976 in celebration of the U.S. Bicentennial, including a Hinshaw article substantially by Katherine Elvira Hinshaw Jones. Contributed by Nadine Holder () via Dixie Lee Hinshaw Richardson.
205. "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph; LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
(a) Contribution from Dixie Lee Hinshaw Richardson.
(b) Contribution from Dixie Lee Hinshaw Richardson citing:
Obituary of Dillon Stalker Hinshaw.
(c) Iowa State Census, 1895; http://www.ancestry.com.
(d) 1900 census, Richland Township, Keokuk County, Iowa; roll T623-441, ED 49, page 9B, line #80, dwelling #220, family #223.
(e) 1910 census, Richland Township District 3, Keokuk County, Iowa; roll T624-409, ED 54, page 130B, line #98, dwelling #63, family #65.
(f) 1920 census, Richland Township, Keokuk County, Iowa; roll T625-497, ED 55, page 1B, line #87, dwelling #24, family #24.
(g) 1930 census, Richland Township, Keokuk County, Iowa; roll T626-662, ED 21, page 3A, line #42, dwelling #66, family #66.
(i) Iowa Cemetery Records. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 2000.
(j) WPA Iowa Graves Registration Survey; USGenWeb Archives:
(k) Posting Jun 14 2003 by Cathy Joynt Labath () to IAJEFFER-L.
(l) 1900 census, Richland Township, Keokuk County, Iowa; roll T623-441, ED 49, page 9B, line #83, dwelling #221, family #224.
(n) 1920 census, Richland Township, Keokuk County, Iowa; roll T625-497, ED 55, page 1B, line #89, dwelling #25, family #25.
(o) 1920 census, Richland Township, Keokuk County, Iowa; roll T625-497, ED 55, page 1B, line #86, dwelling #23, family #23.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
Return to HFA Home Page
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]