┌── Stephen Hinshaw
┌── Enos Hinshaw ───────────┤
│ 1834-1900 │
│ └── Gulia Elma Maria Hoover
James Thomas Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1870 │ ┌── James F. Haines
D: 1917 │ │
No Issue └── Martha Ruddell Haines ──┤
└── Margaret Herd Ruddell
M: Carrie L. Spaugh
James Thomas Hinshaw [ID 01654]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Jan 10 18701,2,3,4 [Feb - 18705], Carmel, Hamilton County, Indiana1,2,3,4.
He married Carrie L. Spaugh1,6,7, Nov 28 19011,6,7 [Dec 28 19018], Carmel, Hamilton County, Indiana1,6,7. Carrie, daughter of John E. Spaugh & Parintha E. Harvey, was born Aug 6 1879, Eagletown, Hamilton County, Indiana.1,9,10,11,12,13
Carrie was the first cousin of Perry Harvey who married James' cousin Mary E. Hinshaw.10
It appears that Carrie *might* have been previously married (briefly) to an Oscar J. Roberts, Feb 18 1897, Hamilton County, Indiana7 (although that might have been a different Carrie Spaugh). Carrie was shown in the 1900 census, age 20, living with her parents but recorded as divorced.11
James and Carrie were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 29 1910), Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana:12
Hinshaw, James T., head-of-household, age 40, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kentucky; married 8 years; occupation: farmer, home farm; owned farm (mortgaged).
Hinshaw, Cary, wife, age 31, born in Indiana; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; married 8 years.
James Thomas Hinshaw died Jun 24 1917, Carmel, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; age 47.1,2,4,14,15
Widow Carrie was shown in the 1920 census (Jan 31 1920), Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana:13
Hinshaw, Carrie L., head-of-household, age 40, born in Indiana; father born in North [unclear] Carolina; mother born in Indiana; widow; owned home (free); occupation: farmer, general farm.
Ertle [unclear], Mable M., relationship "none", age 6, born in Canada; father born in Indiana; mother born in Kansas; attended school.
Carrie died May 11 1920, Carmel, Hamilton County, Indiana; buried Little Eagle Cemetery, Westfield, Indiana.1,2
Photo: James Thomas Hinshaw & Carrie L. Spaugh
- "Genealogy of Hinshaw/Henshaw"
by DoraLee Harvey Hatley (see Mary Jane Hinshaw),
in the LDS Family History Library, microfilm #0982181, item 4.
- Family bible, originally owned by James F. Haines, passed down to Martha Ruddell Haines & Enos Hinshaw,
then to James Thomas Hinshaw, Etta Margaret Hinshaw, George Wesley Hinshaw,
and Raymond James Hinshaw. Contributed by Hilfred Hoffman ()
- 1900 census, Clay Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T623-375, ED 80, page 8B, line #71, dwelling #185, family #186.
- 1870 census, Carmel P.O., Clay Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll M593-319, page 40, line #9, dwelling #183, family #180.
- Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (Book 11, page 223).
- Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Indiana Marriages, 1845-1920; http://www.ancestry.com (Book C-5, page 19).
- Posting Mar 24 2007 by Dan Stevenson to the Hamilton County, Indiana message board:
- 1900 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T623-375, ED 93, page 4B, line #100, dwelling #104, family #106.
- 1910 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T624-353, ED 111, page 10B, line #98, dwelling #253, family #254.
- 1920 census, Washington Township, Hamilton County, Indiana; roll T625-435, ED 111, page 3B, line #93, dwelling #82, family #82.
- "Index to Death Records, Hamilton County, Indiana 1882-1920", Volume I;
Indiana Work Projects Administration, 1942.
- Indiana Deaths, 1882-1920; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 14:15:45 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]