┌── Uriah Hinshaw
┌── Charles Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1811-1895 │
│ └── Mary Elizabeth Lewis
Mary Hinshaw ────┤
B: 1838 │ ┌── John Lee
D: ? │ │
└── Sarah Lee ────────┤
└── Rachel Hill
M: William Coats
Mary Hinshaw [ID 00191]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born 3-11-1838, Back Creek MM, Grant County, Indiana.1,2,3,4,5,6
At Back Creek MM on 5-13-1841, Mary & brother Uriah were received by the request of their father, Charles.2
She married William Coats, Feb 3 1857, Warren County, Iowa.4,5,7,8 William, son of William + Charlotte Coats, was born about 1837, Illinois.5,9
John E. Coats, born c1860.
William E. Coats, born c1862.
Sallie. Coats, born c1865.
Martindale. Coats, born c1874.
Mary and family were shown in the 1860 census, Palmyra Township, Warren County, Iowa:9
William Coats, Jr., age 23, born in Illinois; farmer; $80 real estate; $200 personal property.
Mary Coats, age 22, born in Indiana.
Charles Coats, age 9 months, born in Iowa.
Living nearby were Mary's parents and siblings.11
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
International Genealogical Index (IGI) - Indiana.
- "Abstracts of the Records of the Society of Friends in Indiana", Part 3,
subtitled "Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy, Volume VII",
(a compendium of many of the records left by William Wade Hinshaw on
his death), edited by Willard Heiss; GS929.3 H47 in a local library.
- "The William Wade Hinshaw Index to [Iowa] Quaker Meeting Records",
a microfiche in the LDS Family History Library.
- "Webster Parry's Abstracts of Quaker Records", LDS microfilm #0367987
- "Hinshaw Family": a collection of family group sheets by Edna Harvey Joseph;
LDS FHL microfilm #1572018 items 8-10 and #1572019 items 1-4
- 1850 census, Polk County, Iowa; roll M432-188, page 37, line #7, dwelling #406, family #420.
- Contribution from Martha A. Lee ().
- Iowa Marriages, 1851-1900; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1860 census, Palmyra Township, Warren County, Iowa (roll M653-341, page 60/724, household #429):
- Chase County, Kansas Probate, Guardianship, Wills and Miscellaneous Index, 1859-1939; USGenWeb Archives
- 1860 census, Palmyra Township, Warren County, Iowa (roll M653-341, page 61/725, household #445):
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]