┌── Lewis Hanshoe
┌── Richard Charles Henshaw ──┤
│ 1893-1966 │
│ └── Ida Holstein
William Richard Henshaw ───┤
B: 1915 │
D: 1993 │
└── Katie Goslin
M: Delia Stevens
├── William Richard "Bill" Henshaw, Jr. (1937-2011) 1,2,3
├── Margaret I. "Peg" Henshaw (c1940-) 1,2,3
M: Helen Wylde
└── Barbara A. Henshaw (1942-2012) 2,3
William Richard Henshaw [ID 20384]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Apr 23 1915, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania.1,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
Baptised Aug 22 1915, Salem-Zion United Church of Christ, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.4
William was a Major in the U.S. Army,10 having served from Feb 17 1941 until his discharge Dec 26 1945 at Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania.7
He married Delia Stevens.1,2 Delia was born about 1915, Pennsylvania.1
William and family were shown in the 1940 census (Apr 16 1940), 5622 Nelson Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania:1
Henshaw, William, head-of-household, age 25, born in Pennsylvania; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city; rented home; occupation: clerk, federal bank; worked 52 weeks in 1939; $1270 wages in 1939.
Henshaw, Delia, wife, age 25, born in Pennsylvania; completed 8th grade; on Apr 1 1935 was living in the same place/city.
He then married Helen Wylde.13
William Richard Henshaw died Jul 2 1993, Charlotte County, Florida; age 78.8,9,10,11,12
Social Security information for William Richard Henshaw: 210-22-5423
- 1940 census, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania; roll T627-3702, ED 51-503, page 6B, line #78, household #120.
- William Richard "Bill" Henshaw, Jr. obituary.
- Barbara A. Henshaw obituary.
- Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1920 census, 43rd Ward, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania; roll T625-1644, ED 1597, page 12B, line #63, dwelling #233, family #234.
- 1930 census, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania; roll T626-2136, ED 1095, page 15B, line #73, dwelling #297, family #301.
- Pennsylvania, Veteran Compensation Application Files, WWII, 1950-1966; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Florida Death Index, 1877-1998; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006; http://www.ancestry.com.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of Barbara A. Henshaw.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]