┌── William Henshaw
┌── Levi Henshaw ───┤
│ 1769-1843 │
│ └── Agnes Ann Anderson
Thornton Henshaw ───────────┤
B: 1818 │ ┌── William McConnel
D: 1888 │ │
└── Ann McConnell ──┤
└── Mary Cowan
M: Susan Rawlings Snodgrass
└── William Snodgrass Henshaw (1845-1886) 1,2,3
Thornton Henshaw [ID 03721]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
He married Susan Rawlings Snodgrass, Apr 26 1844, Berkeley County, Virginia.1,2,4,5,6,7 Susan, daughter of William Snodgrass & Nancy Fryatt6, was born May 22 18186 [Apr 28 18198], Berkeley County, West Virginia9.
Note that Thornton's brother Levi married Sarah Ann Snodgrass in 1851.4 Susan's relationship to Sarah Ann is unknown.
Note also that Thornton's son William married Nannie Snodgrass,1,6 daughter of Susan's brother, William Tyler Snodgrass.6
Thornton and family were shown in the 1860 census, Berkeley County, Virginia:3
Thornton Henshaw, age 43, born in Virginia; farmer; $20000 real estate; $6000 personal property.
Susan Henshaw, age 41, born in Virginia.
Living next door in 1850 on both sides of the Thornton Henshaw family were two Snodgrass families (probably Susan's siblings).
Thornton Henshaw died Feb 9 1888, Berkeley County, West Virginia; age 69.10
Susan died Jan 15 1892, Berkeley County, West Virginia; age 72y 8m 18d.6,9
Photo: Thornton Henshaw & Susan Rawlings Snodgrass marriage record Berkeley County, West Virginia
Photo: Thornton Henshaw death record Berkeley County, West Virginia
Photo: Susan Rawlings Snodgrass death record Berkeley County, West Virginia
- "History of Henshaws in Scotland, in England and in America to the Present
Time", Edith Henshaw Kuntz, 1956;
contributed by Don Henshaw.
- Henshaw history and genealogy manuscript, original by Holmes Hart Henshaw, 1930;
updated in 1995 by Donald Craig Henshaw and others.
- 1860 census, Martinsburg P.O., Berkeley County, Virginia; page 871, line #28, dwelling #832, family #832.
- "The West Virginia Historical Magazine Quarterly", Vol. 4, No. 2, April 1904.
The West Virginia Historical and Antiquarian Society, Charleston, W.VA.
Article "The Henshaw Family" by Valley Virginia Henshaw.
Contributed by David H. Henshaw ().
- "Virginia Marriage Index, 1740-1850", Ancestry, Inc.
- The WDC GenWeb Project: http://www.rootsweb.com/~deschart/z0000598.html.
- Thornton Henshaw & Susan Rawlings Snodgrass marriage record; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- Birthdate calculated from age at death, as reported in death record.
- Susan Rawlings Snodgrass death record; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
- Thornton Henshaw death record; West Virginia Division of Culture and History:
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Fri Oct 21 15:52:18 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]