┌── Solomon Hinshaw
┌── Ira J. Hinshaw ──┤
│ 1840-1878 │
│ └── Rachel Hodgin
Myrtle Ruth Hinshaw ────┤
B: 1874 │ ┌── Eli Thomas
D: 1938 │ │
└── Hannah Thomas ───┤
└── Martha (Thomas)
M: Henry D. Haslem
M: William J. Arthur
M: Richard Lavall Obarr
Myrtle Ruth Hinshaw [ID 04149]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Aug - 1874, Indiana.1,2,3
She married Henry D. Haslem, about 1893.2,4,5 Henry was born Sep - 1869, Illinois.2
Myrtle and Henry settled (along with four other families of Hinshaws) about six miles northeast of Jet, Alfalfa County, Oklahoma.6
Virgie Mae Haslem, born c1895.
Decima "Dessie" Haslem, born c1896.
Otto Haslam; (buried in Thrawl Cemetery, Jet, Oklahoma).
Myrle Vertner Haslem, born c1901; died Oct 10 1950, Magdelena, NM; married Georgia -.
Myrtle and family were shown in the 1900 census (Jun 30 1900), Saline Township, Woods County (now Alfalfa County), Oklahoma Territory:2
Haslem, Henry, head-of-household, age 30, born Sep 1869 in Illinois; parents born in England; married 7 years; farmer.
Haslem, Myrtle, wife, age 25, born Aug 1874 in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in Ohio [sic]; married 7 years; 3 children, 2 living.
Haslem, Virgie, daughter, age 5, born Sep 1894 in Kansas; father born in Illinois; mother born in Indiana.
Haslem, Dessie, daughter, age 4, born Oct 1895 in Kansas; father born in Illinois; mother born in Indiana.
Living next door in 1900 were Myrtle's sister Rosanna8 and their widowed mother Hannah Hinshaw.9
Henry died before 1910.7
Widow Myrtle and family were shown in the 1910 census (Apr 18 1910), Jett town, Saline Township, Alfalfa County, Oklahoma:7
Haslem, Myrtle, head-of-household, age 35, born in Indiana; father born in Indiana; mother born in Iowa [sic]; widow; 4 children, 3 living; rented home; occupation: "own income".
Haslem, Virgie M., daughter, age 15, born in Kansas; father born in Illinois; mother born in Indiana.
Haslem, Dessie M., daughter, age 13, born in Kansas; father born in Illinois; mother born in Indiana.
Haslem, Merle, son, age 9, born in Oklahoma; father born in Illinois; mother born in Indiana.
Tenax, Pearl O., partner, age 25, born in Pennsylvania; parents born in Pennsylvania; public school teacher (unemployed); single.
Tenax, Jennie G., partner, age 21, born in Kansas; parents born in Pennsylvania; saleslady in general store (unemployed); single.
She then married William J. Arthur, Apr 28 1910, Jet, Alfalfa County, Oklahoma.4,5 William was born 1869.10,11
Hanna Bethena/Bethina Arthur, born Aug 1 1911, Norman, OK; died Aug 14 1992, Fort Bragg, Mendocino County, California; married - Cooney.
Roberta Bell Arthur, born Sep 17 1914, Cherokee, OK; died Oct 29 1914.
Myrtle and William Arthur apparently moved to California sometime before 192210,15 (probably between 1920 and 1922, as neither were shown in the 1920 Mendocino County, California register).16
William died Dec 30 192217 [Dec 31 192210], Mendocino County, California17; age 5317.
She then married Richard Lavall Obarr.3,11,18,19 Richard was born May 24 184920 [May 22 184921, about 185022,23,24], Arkansas20.
Richard had been previously married Apr 21 1870 to Malinda Sabrina Halsel,20,21,23 who had died Feb 24 191817 and by whom he had nine children,21 then c1920-1922 to Pamela Belle Clement,20 who had died Feb 22 1922.17
Richard died Dec 22 1925, Ukiah, Mendocino County, California; age 76.17,18,20,21
In 1930 Mrs. Myrtle Obarr was registered as a Republican in (or near) Ukiah, Mendocino County, California.15 Her occupation was shown as "laundryman".3
Myrtle Ruth Hinshaw died Oct 18 1938, Mendocino County, California; age 64.3,11
Myrtle's obituary was published in the "Dispatch Democrat" (Mendocino County, California) on Oct 21 1938.19
- 1880 census, Sterling Township, Rice County, Kansas; roll T9-0394, ED 275, page 181B, line #1, dwelling #9, family #9.
- 1900 census, Saline Township, Woods County, Oklahoma Territory; ED 234, page 43B, line #83, dwelling #297, family #304.
- Mendocino County, California Cemetery Index:
- The old family bible of Chester Edward Hinshaw, containing family
lineage information recorded by Rosina Harriet Hinshaw,
contributed by Marion Hinshaw and Heather Hinshaw-Tomas.
- Contribution from Steven Fletcher () citing:
Notes from Linda (Green) Gibbs April 15, 2002.
- Contribution from Harold Blackledge ().
- 1910 census, Saline Township, Alfalfa County, Oklahoma; ED 13, page 4A, line #20, dwelling #73, family #73.
- 1900 census, Saline Township, Woods County, Oklahoma Territory; ED 234, page 43B, line #87, dwelling #298, family #305.
- 1900 census, Saline Township, Woods County, Oklahoma Territory; ED 234, page 43B, line #95, dwelling #299, family #306.
- "Mendocino County Cemetery Index":
- VitalSearch California Death Index 1930-1939:
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- "Mendocino County Death Index 1940-1997":
- Index to the Mendocino County "1930 Great Register":
- Index to the Mendocino County "1920 Great Register":
- VitalSearch California Death Index 1905-1929:
- Contribution from Betsy Scott ().
- Mendocino County obituaries:
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by Cheri Astrahan ().
- RootsWeb WorldConnect data by George M. Findley (), citing: Betsy Scott.
- 1910 census, Whitlock District, Mariposa County, California; roll T624-87, ED 96, page 166A, line #8, family #6.
- 1910 census, 5th Ward, Santa Ana, Orange County, California; roll T624-90, ED 59, page 128A, line #1, dwelling #239, family #251.
- 1920 census, 4th Ward, Santa Ana, Orange County, California; roll T625-124, ED 85, page 5B, line #84, dwelling #115, family #118.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Fri Oct 21 15:52:19 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]