┌── Edward Carrington Henshaw
┌── William Griffith Henshaw ──┤
│ 1860-1924 │
│ └── Sarah Edwards Tyler
William Griffith Henshaw ───┤
B: 1893 │
D: 1958 │
└── Mehitable Stuart Tubbs
M: Irene Rowland Murison
├── William Griffith Henshaw (1923-2010) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
└── Mary-Tom Henshaw (1928-1997) 1,2,3,4,5,8
William Griffith Henshaw [ID 06033]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
William Griffith Henshaw1 [Griffith Henshaw9,10,11,12, Griff Henshaw1].
Born Oct 10 1893, California.1,2,3,10,11,12
He married Irene Rowland Murison1,2,3 [Florence Irene Rowlands4], 19221,2,3. Irene was born Jun 19 1893, Utah.2,3,10
Griffith and family were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 18 1930), Piedmont, Alameda County, California:3
Henshaw, Griffith, head-of-household, age 36, born in California; father born in Illinois; mother born in California; first married at age 28; owned home ($80,000 value); radio in home; occupation: president, cement works; World War I veteran.
Henshaw, Irene R., wife, age 36, born in Utah; parents born in Utah; first married at age 28.
Henshaw, William G.
, son, age 6, born in California; father born in California; mother born in Utah.
, daughter, age 2 years 2 months, born in California; father born in California; mother born in Utah.
Luptow, Lawrence, butler, age 36, born in England; parents born in England; first married at age 34; immigrated 1914; occupation: butler, private family; not a veteran.
Luptow, Gertrude, servant, age 34, born in England; parents born in England; first married at age 32; immigrated 1926; occupation: servant, private family.
During approximately the 1930s to 1950s Griffith owned a private rod and gun club, located a few miles east/northeast of Benicia, on or near Grizzly Island, Solano County, California13 (probably the club known as the "Ibis Club", which had been partially owned by his uncle Frederick14 and apparently inherited by Griffith from him).15
William Griffith Henshaw died Nov 14 1958, Alameda County, California.1,2,9,10
Irene died Nov 8 1978, Alameda County, California.2,10
Social Security information for William Griffith Henshaw: 545-09-8035
- "Our Family: A Little Account of it for my Descendents", by Sarah Edwards Henshaw,
Oakland, California, 1894, contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
USIGS scan: http://www.usigs.org/library/books/families/Henshaw1894
- Henshaw genealogical chart, author unknown;
Contributed by Donald Craig Henshaw.
- 1930 census, Piedmont, Alameda County, California; roll T626-110, ED 333, page 34B, line #91, dwelling #326, family #326.
- Obituary of William Griffith Henshaw III.
- VitalSearch California Birth Index 1905-2001:
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of Patricia Anne Madigan.
- RootsWeb California Death Records database:
- "California Death Index".
- California Death Records database; RootsWeb:
- 1900 census, 5th Ward, Oakland, Alameda County, California; roll T623-82, ED 369, page 9B, line #92, dwelling #160, family #173.
- 1910 census, 5th Ward, Oakland, Alameda County, California; roll T624-70, ED 124, page 24B, line #55, dwelling #445, family #528.
- Contribution from Kathie Fredericks Baker () whose uncle, Victor Fredericks, was a caretaker at the club.
- Contribution from Heidi Casebolt, Registrar, The Vacaville Museum () citing:
"Suisun Marsh History, Hunting and Saving a Wetland", by Anthony Arnold, 1996.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2019, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]