┌── Jacob Hinshaw
┌── Linneus Hinshaw ───────┤
│ 1870-1936 │
│ └── Hannah Ellen Macy
William Jacob Hinshaw ───┤
B: 1901 │ ┌── William Cother
D: 1992 │ │
└── Gladys Luella Cother ──┤
└── Esther Underwood
M: L. Geraldine Mills
├── John Norman Hinshaw (1928-) 1
└── Robert Mills Hinshaw (1931-) 1,2,3
William Jacob Hinshaw [ID 06328]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
William Jacob Hinshaw4,5,6,7 [Jake Hinshaw8].
Born Feb 1 19014,5,6,7,9, Minnesota4,5,6,7,9 [Castalia, Winneshiek County, Iowa5,10].
He married L. Geraldine Mills4,11 [Geraldine Mills7], about 19204,11. L., daughter of - Mills & - Caulkins6, was born Dec 11 19016 [Dec 11 19004,7], Iowa6.
William and Geraldine were shown in the 1930 census (Apr 8 1930), Glendale, Los Angeles County, California:4
Hinshaw, William, head-of-household, age 29, born in Minnesota; parents born in Iowa; first married at age 19; owned home ($5,000 value); radio in home; occupation: painter, sign shop; not a war veteran.
Hinshaw, L. Geraldine, wife, age 29, born in Iowa; father born in Indiana; mother born in Canada; first married at age 19.
, father, age 60, born in Iowa; parents born in Indiana; widower; occupation: carpenter painter, sign shop; not a war veteran.
L. died Jul 6 1985, Los Angeles County, California.6,7
Geraldine's funeral was noted in the "Los Angeles Times" (Los Angeles, California) on July 8, 1985:11
HINSHAW, L. Geraldine beloved wife of William J., loving mother of Robert Hinshaw of San Diego; grandmother of 4.
Services Tuesday, 3:30 pm at Peace Chapel of Kiefer & Eyerick Mortuary, 314 E. Harvard, Glendale.
William Jacob Hinshaw died Sep 26 1992, San Diego County, California.5,6,7
Social Security information for William Jacob Hinshaw: 569-34-8269
Social Security information for L. Geraldine Mills: 572-28-8960
- California Birth Index, 1905-1995; http://www.ancestry.com.
- Obituary of L. Geraldine (Mills) Hinshaw.
- Phyllis Anne Hartselle obituary.
- 1930 census, Glendale, Glendale Township, Los Angeles County, California; roll T626-127, ED 989, page 7B, line #51, dwelling #198, family #201.
- RootsWeb California Death Index:
- California Death Index, 1940-1997; http://www.ancestry.com.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- "Spirit Lake Beacon", Nov 26 1931; http://www.ancestry.com.
- 1910 census, Arnolds Park, Center Grove Township, Dickinson County, Iowa; roll T624-396, ED 39, page 195B, line #56, dwelling #45, family #45.
- The Church Of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (LDS)
computerized Ancestral File.
- Obituary of L. Geraldine Hinshaw; "Los Angeles Times", Jul 8 1985:
Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851-2003; http://www.ancestry.com.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
This page last updated Sat Oct 22 10:08:52 2016
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2017, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]