┌── Elias Hinshaw
┌── John Randolph Hinshaw ────────┤
│ 1857-1935 │
│ └── Martitia Macon
Lowell Hinshaw ───────┤
B: 1897 │ ┌── Joshua Chance
D: 1984 │ │
└── Hannah Ludora "Dora" Chance ──┤
└── Mary Lydia Jessup
M: Hazel Dollie Dagel
├── Melvin Lowell Hinshaw (1923-1923) 1,2
├── Venetia Marie Hinshaw (1931-1967) 1
├── Galen Lee Hinshaw (1933-) 1
└── Oreta Faye Hinshaw (1936-) 1
Lowell Hinshaw [ID 06436]
||Click here to switch to Ahnentafel view: |
Born Aug 7 1897, Maple City, Leelanau County, Michigan.1,3,4,5,6
He married Hazel Dollie Dagel, May 4 1921, Sedgwick County, Kansas.1,6,7 Hazel, daughter of William Phillip Dagel & Melissa Survilla Dennett, was born Mar 31 1901, Sedgwick County, Kansas.1,3,6
Lowell and family were shown in the 1930 census (May 2 1930), Pleasant Township, Butler County, Kansas:6
Hinshaw, Lowell, head-of-household, age 31, born in Michigan; father born in North Carolina; mother born in Indiana; first married at age 24; rented home; occupation: farmer, general farm; World War I veteran.
Hinshaw, Hazel D, wife, age 29, born in Kansas; father born in Illinois; mother born in Iowa; first married at age 22.
Living nearby in 1930 was the family of uncle Ahijah Hinshaw.8 Also living nearby was the family of cousin Curtis Hinshaw.9
In 1935 Lowell was living in Rose Hill, Butler County, Kansas.10 In 1984 Lowell was still living in Rose Hill, Kansas.3
Lowell Hinshaw died May 21 1984, Wichita, Kansas; buried Friends Cemetery, on Silknitter Road, east of Rose Hill, Butler County, Kansas.1,3,11
Hazel died Jan 27 1989, Emporia, Lyon County, Kansas; buried Friends Cemetery, on Silknitter Road, east of Rose Hill, Butler County, Kansas.1,3,11
Social Security information for Lowell Hinshaw: 514-36-9379
Social Security information for Hazel Dollie Dagel: 513-32-3626
- "The Hinshaw Family", an extensive family history manuscript by Heather Hinshaw-Tomas
- Contribution from Galen Lee Hinshaw.
- "Social Security Death Index" (as it is commonly called), derived from
the Social Security Administration "Death Master File".
- 1900 census, Richland Township, Butler County, Kansas; roll T623-473, ED 18, page 5A, line #7, dwelling #223, family #225.
- 1910 census, Richland Township, Butler County, Kansas; roll T624-433, ED 23, page 202B, line #51, dwelling #93, family #95.
- 1930 census, Pleasant Township, Butler County, Kansas; roll T626-695, ED 35, page 5A, line #33, dwelling #112, family #112.
- Sedgwick County, Kansas Marriage Index, May 9 1870 - May 24 1922;
Kansas State Library Archives: http://skyways.lib.ks.us/genweb/mhgs/F-H.htm.
- 1930 census, Pleasant Township, Butler County, Kansas; roll T626-695, ED 35, page 5A, line #41, dwelling #114, family #114.
- 1930 census, Pleasant Township, Butler County, Kansas; roll T626-695, ED 35, page 5A, line #45, dwelling #115, family #115.
- Contribution from Marilyn Withrow citing:
Obituary of John Randolph Hinshaw.
- Posting Feb 19 2001 by "GHokeness" () to HINSHAW-L.
If you have additional information on this person, please share!
If you would like to be automatically notified by email
whenever an update
is made affecting this page then enter your email address
and click the "Enter" button below:
How is this person related to other ancestors?
To find out, enter the database ID number of another ancestor,
and then click the "Enter" button below:
If you would like to save this person on your computer
Return to HFA Home Page
Copyright © 1997-2018, The Hinshaw Family Association. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal, private and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
This site uses spambot thwarting technology to hide email addresses
from all known email harvesting programs used by spammers.
[This page was computer generated]